? about USAir/Express flt benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandstorm

question for all you USAir/Express employees about flight benefits. just wondering, how accurate are the number online at "the hub" as far as checking loads? if it says there are 10 seats open, are there actually 10 open seats or is there some other trick to figuring it out. ive heard that you need to subtract the number of available seats from the number that the plane can be booked to, then subtract that from the seats its shown available. i want to use my usair benefits this weekend for the first time and was just wondering if the numbers on the hub are pretty accurate.

also, are canada, mexico, and the caribbean considered international for upgrade purposes? some have said its only the $20 upgrade, but the lady i talked to in our staff travel office assumed they were international.

thanks.

My understanding is the seats available number is taken from the total seats availabe. Example 120 seat airplane, 130 seats available 120 seats sold, will still show 10 available. Although I have never seen such a clear cut example is real life. I went for years thinking 10 seats available actually meant 10 empty seats. I recently learned otherwise.

side note: I have always made flights that had seats available when I listed.

The seats available on TheHub is to the authorized (oversold) seating in the cabin, NOT the actual capacity. The nomenclature is Actual/Authorized/Available/Nonrevs. For example a 737 might show F 12/12/9/1 Y 124/135/10/5. First class can never be oversold, so the actual and auth match. There are 9 seats available with one rider listed. Coach shows an authorization that is 11 over actual, so the ten seats available is actually negative one real seat on the plane, with five nonrevs listed. I hope this helps, PM me if I can help more..

..CT

yeah...on the hub it will give you seats available (SA) and give you how many seats the aircraft holds (AC). You must take the number the aircraft is authorized to sell, minus the number of seats the aircraft can hold, minus the seats available. For example:

AC-AU-SA-NRSA
108-115-47-7

Take 115-108= 7
Take 47-7=40 (there are forty open seats)
And then don't forget about the 7 listed nonrevs...

hopefully this clears it up...

ok thats what i was wondering, because i have heard two different explanations. my next question is then, how do you know how many people have actually been booked on the flight then? its kind of useless information to have then if the seats available shows a positive number, but after doing the math it works out to show a negative number.

Sandstorm said:
ok thats what i was wondering, because i have heard two different explanations. my next question is then, how do you know how many people have actually been booked on the flight then? its kind of useless information to have then if the seats available shows a positive number, but after doing the math it works out to show a negative number.

I think you are getting a little lost. U will (like most airlines) overbook flight incase of no shows and the flight can go full of rev pax. Again,

120-125-120-5 will mean that the flight is booked to full and the 5 no revs may not get on unless there are no shows as the 120 seats are already sold BUT they will sell 125 seats on that flight. If you look at 1st class you don't see a situation of 10-12-0-0 as they don't want to bump premium pax (book to 2 more seats than 1st holds).

Uhm, I have gotten information from 2 different sources that on the hubs nonrev listing page, that the SA was the true physical seats available (not including non-revs) contrary to the sabre listings and i believe the phone system, which list seats available from the 'authorized booking' value.
I've double checked it against the sabre listings for the same flight and it seems to hold up (at least in my 10months or so of commuting).

now this is information i received and attempted to verify, not to be taken as gospel, obviously

Thanks for all the help, but I still don't know whats right as I am still getting conflicting info. the lady in our pass office emailed me and said that the # shown as seats available is the actual # of seats that are not booked and open. im going to go aheah and believe that since it will make be feel better as to wether or not im getting on. thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back