• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

About the bid for comairs flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We still aren't going to play nice with CHQ pilots until you send out COXTON with his hands up and pink shirt shredded!:p

The RFP includes 50 76-seat aircraft, which represents new business for Connection carriers as well as Delta’s desire to offer first class service on its Connection flights. Bids cover 43 70-seat aircraft and up to 50 50-seat jets to replace those covered by existing contracts (Comair)

He might not summited bids on existing flying but he sure did on NEW

I'm sure they bid on at least 16 of the 70-seat airplanes, considering that they are their 170s currently in service.

ASA picking up some of the Comair flying- don't think that would set right with either us (ASA) or the Comair pilots. About the only thing I could think of would be to bring them over to our side of the fence, with THEIR contract. Maybe slot the guys in so there isn't any sort of loss of seniority. Anything other than that I don't see happening. In short, any deal between ASA and Comair would have to resemble more of a buy out and merger than a whipsaw tactic. I just don't think the pilot group at ASA would stab our comrades in the back.

Our side of the fence? Where not neighbors anymore. ASA's been sold and now lives in a different state. Further more, I probably would've felt bad about taking there flying a long time ago. Say like 3-4 years ago when we agreed to unite and not to let DCI whipsaw the two of us against each other. But then something happened, what was it, hmmm....? Oh yeah, I remember, they stabbed us in the back for promise of growth. Not once but TWICE! Let's really talk about who's responsible for the race to the bottom. Air Whiskey? No, they told UA to stick it. ACA? No they did the same thing, unfortunately their Mgmt. couldn't pull it off. But they tried. Skywest? No, they may have made a poor decision by bringing the 70s on for 50 pay but they never voted in concessions. Now they just need to start fighting for what they were promised. CoEx? No, they told Continental to kiss off and kept their planes. Mesa, Chitaqua? No, there pay really isn't much lower then anyone else, but their overall operating cost is and it's not because of the pilots. Mesaba? NO, there ready to close in order to fight for what is right. The only pilot group that has ever voted in concessions for growth over someone else is Comair. Look where it's gotten them, they did it twice and they have yet to see the "promised" growth

Oh isn't that a funny post? Veeone wants to "slot the Comair guys in so there is no loss of seniority", but when it comes to Skywest, ASA guys want DOH!!!!

Interesting.

How long did it take to become yet ANOTHER ASA thread.......Yawn!

Latest resources

Back