About the bid for comairs flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wheres the van?

We at Chautauqua have not submitted a bid for any portion of Comairs flying.Source you say"We have not bid for any portion of Comairs flying,but I am sure other regionals have." Bryan Bedford 10/20/06.
This is a portion of an internal company update which I will not post here.

The implication here is that Comair will more than likely be undone by a quasi ASA bid. Oh Brother were art thou!

I bid on that flying too. We are going to use the A-Team van to move people faster than the speed of light. Right seat time will be PFT. Your instructor and OE Captain will be Murdock.

Mr. T will be working ramp/gate. He will be pissed about it.

Pastor Bedford said that? Was he preaching from the pulpit? Did he cast out the demons from you sinners? I need to here Bedford spew forth his religious drivel like I need a bag of Sh1t on my pillow.

In my defense, I thought I was buying a steak knife from the Home Shopping Network at the time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What are you telling me? I thought the Comair flying already CAME with a full set of steak knives. You mean if my bid to replace the flying by Greyhound buses is successful I've STILL got to buy steak knives. People are right, this running an airline business sucks.....

:beer:

ASA picking up some of the Comair flying- don't think that would set right with either us (ASA) or the Comair pilots. About the only thing I could think of would be to bring them over to our side of the fence, with THEIR contract. Maybe slot the guys in so there isn't any sort of loss of seniority. Anything other than that I don't see happening. In short, any deal between ASA and Comair would have to resemble more of a buy out and merger than a whipsaw tactic. I just don't think the pilot group at ASA would stab our comrades in the back.

ASA picking up some of the Comair flying- don't think that would set right with either us (ASA) or the Comair pilots. About the only thing I could think of would be to bring them over to our side of the fence, with THEIR contract. Maybe slot the guys in so there isn't any sort of loss of seniority. Anything other than that I don't see happening. In short, any deal between ASA and Comair would have to resemble more of a buy out and merger than a whipsaw tactic. I just don't think the pilot group at ASA would stab our comrades in the back.

The pilots may not...but managementon the other hand...

The RFP includes 50 76-seat aircraft, which represents new business for Connection carriers as well as Delta’s desire to offer first class service on its Connection flights. Bids cover 43 70-seat aircraft and up to 50 50-seat jets to replace those covered by existing contracts (Comair)

He might not summited bids on existing flying but he sure did on NEW

"... as a part of Delta's restructuring, the fuzzy mascot known as "R.J." was laid-off today. He will be given the opportunity to interview to be the mascot at other carriers. "Most likely i'll just go back to Comair Academy," R.J. said, "I can hand out candy to the students there and they'll sit on my lap."

Chautauqua's mascot, a fuzzy, 6-foot Jesus, has been less effective. Republic CEO Brian Bedford said at a news conference Monday, "Jesus has been an effective labor management tool. He has given some of our Captains someone to pray to while observing low-time copilots attempting to hand-fly an approach to minimums. We are committed to keeping him on staff, but should finances dictate the need to cut back I will slash pilot salaries and then repent. Jesus will forgive me if I have the Brazilians permanently affix a collection plate to the throttle quadrant"

Latest resources

Back