• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

About the bid for comairs flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our side of the fence? Where not neighbors anymore. ASA's been sold and now lives in a different state. Further more, I probably would've felt bad about taking there flying a long time ago. Say like 3-4 years ago when we agreed to unite and not to let DCI whipsaw the two of us against each other. But then something happened, what was it, hmmm....? Oh yeah, I remember, they stabbed us in the back for promise of growth. Not once but TWICE! Let's really talk about who's responsible for the race to the bottom. Air Whiskey? No, they told UA to stick it. ACA? No they did the same thing, unfortunately their Mgmt. couldn't pull it off. But they tried. Skywest? No, they may have made a poor decision by bringing the 70s on for 50 pay but they never voted in concessions. Now they just need to start fighting for what they were promised. CoEx? No, they told Continental to kiss off and kept their planes. Mesa, Chitaqua? No, there pay really isn't much lower then anyone else, but their overall operating cost is and it's not because of the pilots. Mesaba? NO, there ready to close in order to fight for what is right. The only pilot group that has ever voted in concessions for growth over someone else is Comair. Look where it's gotten them, they did it twice and they have yet to see the "promised" growth

Just how long are they supposed to wait for us to get a contract? They stuck it out for years and got nothing while ASA was growing- We lost our opportunity to raise the bar so that would happen. It's OUR fault for the 4 year SNAFU- should have taken a strike vote two years ago. You want the race to the bottom to stop in the regional game- amend the contracts in a closer time window accross the board and push everyone forward....Better yet- for regionals ONE PAYSCALE PER AIRCRAFT ACCROSS THE BOARD FOR EVERY REGIONAL!

Our side of the fence? Where not neighbors anymore. ASA's been sold and now lives in a different state. Further more, I probably would've felt bad about taking there flying a long time ago. Say like 3-4 years ago when we agreed to unite and not to let DCI whipsaw the two of us against each other. But then something happened, what was it, hmmm....? Oh yeah, I remember, they stabbed us in the back for promise of growth. Not once but TWICE! Let's really talk about who's responsible for the race to the bottom. Air Whiskey? No, they told UA to stick it. ACA? No they did the same thing, unfortunately their Mgmt. couldn't pull it off. But they tried. Skywest? No, they may have made a poor decision by bringing the 70s on for 50 pay but they never voted in concessions. Now they just need to start fighting for what they were promised. CoEx? No, they told Continental to kiss off and kept their planes. Mesa, Chitaqua? No, there pay really isn't much lower then anyone else, but their overall operating cost is and it's not because of the pilots. Mesaba? NO, there ready to close in order to fight for what is right. The only pilot group that has ever voted in concessions for growth over someone else is Comair. Look where it's gotten them, they did it twice and they have yet to see the "promised" growth

All the contracts you state above (except ACA and CoEx) are less than Comairs because their managements said that is what they needed to grow, and the pilot groups did nothing to fight them. That makes them concessionary for growth. Mesaba was minutes away from a strike. I wonder if they now wish they had taken their shot. SkyWest is making huge profits, are the pilots going to join ALPA and fight for their piece, or are they going to fly those 900's for Mesa, I mean 50, wages?

Latest resources

Back