• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAmerican reports Missile??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That wasn't a missile AA saw, it was just a cavitating center fuel tank pump... :rolleyes: TC

321 busdriver said:
FYI , We were the aircraft right behind the AA jet. We only caught the last part of the ATC transmission from AA. Upon landing in CLT we were contacted by the FBI and told him that we witnessed nothing unusual. On the LAXX dept. Pretty strange though, huh?

We're you guys a few miles out over the ocean on the departure? Maybe it was launched from a boat.

Just finished the turn eastbound on the LAXX 5? dept. Climbing through 10 grand but I believe AA said something about being between 5 and 6. Again, we missed the first part of the transmission so thats about as much info as I have.
KC-10 Driver said:
Do you remember your altitude (or the AA's planes altitude via TCAS) when you heard the transmission? The altitude of the aircraft at the time of the incident would be a factor in determining what type of "projectile" it was.

Could you say? Or, perhaps you were asked by the authorities not to say anything -- which I understand.

I wonder if it was what I saw a few nights ago. I was flying on the East coast and saw the brightest, longest shooting star I have ever seen. It was so bright I said Sh!t! What was that - to the other pilot. It left a smoke ( or gas, steam whatever) trail behind it. It actually looked like a comet. I know it wasnt. I made all kinds of wishes but the lottery still hasnt come through. Did anybody else see this. I think it was Tuesday or Thursday last week. We were coming from Philly to Charlotte. It was very impressive. I will never forget it.

Latest resources

Back