AAI Article on Cutbacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MRYFLYER said:
Also, what implications does DL stopping interline pass agreements have on the AAI workforce? According to DL there were very few DL employees utilizing the benefit but many more AAI employees riding DL.

Probably didn't want to venture down to the C concourse. Ever been down there? They have problems with crime down there. Several stabbings and rapes happen there weekly.

400ADude said:

Probably didn't want to venture down to the C concourse. Ever been down there? They have problems with crime down there. Several stabbings and rapes happen there weekly.

You sir are a classless jerk.

Why such a hateful obsession with our company? I suspect you are filled with jealous rage - you are stuck and cannot figure a way out of your personal he!!. Man it must suck to be you.

Life is good at AirTran. Anyone who works there knows it. Yeah it could be (and will be) better.
Who couldn't say the same about the company that they currently work for?

Last edited:
MRYFLYER said:
Also, what implications does DL stopping interline pass agreements have on the AAI workforce? According to DL there were very few DL employees utilizing the benefit but many more AAI employees riding DL.

Huh? What do the DAL/AAI employees "utilizing the pass agreement" have to do with it? What I think that interline ticketing cancellation means is if Delta cancels a flight & Airtran is the only carrier to Atlanta, Delta will NOW pay full walk-up fare to put their stranded [revenue] pax on the Airtran flight. The same would apply the other way around. A tad different, don't ya think or are you confused?

The interline non-rev travel, however, is completely different & is largely in place and will remain so but thanks for noticing.

Hey AirTran neysayers; get a clue. Airtran has a good management team that knows what they are doing. They have a history of not going out on a limb and biting off more than they can chew. They grow conservatively. I think they will be around for the long haul in some some form or fashion. They would be a great acquisition target at the least but a job there is a safe one in my opinion. Why all the bashing??

IAHERJ

dude

IAHERJ said:
Hey AirTran neysayers; get a clue. Airtran has a good management team that knows what they are doing. They have a history of not going out on a limb and biting off more than they can chew. They grow conservatively. I think they will be around for the long haul in some some form or fashion. They would be a great acquisition target at the least but a job there is a safe one in my opinion. Why all the bashing??

IAHERJ

go fly your 767 international or something

t.s.

crosscut said:
The interline non-rev travel, however, is completely different & is largely in place and will remain so but thanks for noticing.
From the Delta Employee website it says:

With this cancellation, our reduced rate employee travel agreement with AirTran will end on October 8. Delta and AirTran may consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future, but there are no immediate plans to do so.

I do agree with you that those agreements are separate, interline and the accomodation of ticketed revenue passengers. Delta has just said they will no longer give Non-rev deals to AAI employees in addition to the non-accomodation of distressed passengers.

If you consider ID90s a non-rev deal. That is all we have will Delta and most of the time an ID90 is not a good deal.

MRYFLYER said:
From the Delta Employee website it says:

With this cancellation, our reduced rate employee travel agreement with AirTran will end on October 8. Delta and AirTran may consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future, but there are no immediate plans to do so.

I do agree with you that those agreements are separate, interline and the accomodation of ticketed revenue passengers. Delta has just said they will no longer give Non-rev deals to AAI employees in addition to the non-accomodation of distressed passengers.

I know the interline e-ticketing has been terminated effective October 8 but I didn't know the non-rev travel was also ending. Oh well... considering our pass bureau's 2-week turn-around period, I wonder how many at Airtran actually used DL's ID90... as if it was set up to be user-unfriendly in the first place! Anyways, I have, however, seen a handful of Delta flight attendants (because they were uniformed) buying a $25 walk-up pass before. If this is true, too bad for the employees at both places but, regardless, it was never one-sided in Delta's favor, although it might have been presented in your internal memo as such. P.S. BTW, who wrote the memo, Vicky Escara (sp?)? Just kidding.

Easy come ... Easy go... We still take the FA's if we can. Hey, everybody just wants to go home or get to work. Right.

If I'm gonna travel nowadays.. I just purchase a ticket online like everyone else... I'm sure most do the same.

Why post this anyway.. Another in your face post to rile up the masses ?

Latest resources

Back