AAI Article on Cutbacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jamie Baker = Stock pumping/dumping A-Hole

He can say whatever he wants, then his firm can play the stock accordingly...

Good time to buy some AAI stock.. Buy Buy Buy.. !!!

Reducing deliveries . . well, yeah, from 19 to 18 for 2007

Pretty simple . . . we're in contract negotiations. We are looking for substantial improvements, and the company is making money. They announced a $36 million profit last quarter, and the pilots smell blood in the water . . . . So, they need to lower our expectations . . . . . they did the same thing previous to the 2001 Contract, and we have doubled in size since then.

Word I got is that our 737 deliveries for next year have been reduced . . . . . . reduced from 19 to 18, so they can claim a "reduction" . . . we're not buying what they're selling.

Still hiring another 100 pilots in 2006 and 250+ for 2007. Here's to our next contract.
:beer:

Last edited:
BN2A said:
Jamie Baker = Stock pumping/dumping A-Hole

He can say whatever he wants, then his firm can play the stock accordingly...

Are you saying the stock has not declined 40% year to date?

Ty Webb said:
they did the same thing previous to the 2001 Contract, and we have doubled in size since then.

Word I got is that our 737 deliveries for next year have been reduced . . . . . . reduced from 19 to 18, so they can claim a "reduction"
You doubled in size but still only garner a 3% domestic share? Hardly earth shattering numbers. Also, were you on the property in '01?

Also, do you have source for your "word". Otherwise it appears there is fewer and fewer places for AAI to offer service. Also, what implications does DL stopping interline pass agreements have on the AAI workforce? According to DL there were very few DL employees utilizing the benefit but many more AAI employees riding DL.

MRYFLYER said:
Are you saying the stock has not declined 40% year to date?

No, what we're saying is that the stock price isn't indicative of the health of the company, or the number of airframes that will be delivered in 2007.

We're making money, and have every year since 9/11/2001. Oil prices are going down and revenues are going up. Most of the people I know consider the current price to be a buying opportunity.

Personally, I think the stock price is low because the institutional investors are disgusted by the amount of money the execs are stuffing in their pockets and that the pilot group is getting p.o.'d about the lack of progress in negotiations . . . . .

But what is amusing in all of this is that you are so fixated on AirTran that you actually paid $10. to be able to come back here again and get your @ss handed to you on an hourly basis. You must have really missed it, Sweetcheeks.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
No, what we're saying is that the stock price isn't indicative of the health of the company, or the number of airframes that will be delivered in 2007

Yes it is.

We're making money, and have every year since 9/11/2001. Oil prices are going down and revenues are going up. Most of the people I know consider the current price to be a buying opportunity.

Who are these people?

Personally, I think the stock price is low because the institutional investors are disgusted by the amount of money the execs are stuffing in their pockets and that the pilot group is getting p.o.'d about the lack of progress in negotiations . . . . .

Nobody cares.

MRYFLYER said:
. Also, were you on the property in '01?

Yup.

Also, do you have source for your "word". Otherwise it appears there is fewer and fewer places for AAI to offer service.

5 new cities for next year, Sweet Cheeks. And my source has a direct need to know the delivery schedule. We'll just leave it at that.

Also, what implications does DL stopping interline pass agreements have on the AAI workforce?

I wasn't aware of that, at all. I've never heard anyone mention it, so, the answer must be "not very much".

According to DL there were very few DL employees utilizing the benefit but many more AAI employees riding DL.

Who knows/ who cares?

My, you're really grasping today, Sweetcheeks . . . . . must be "the curse".:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back