• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, be careful. Everyone should conveniently forget that usair was on the verge of dissolution. And forget their ever was a final and binding award between east and west.

You hope for that I know, but the rest of the industry hasn't forgotten

Shhh.... These are serious men doing serious work. ;)

How is it worse? If they are "incompetent in every endeavor," is it any worse that they work against you? It would seem to me that a competent union working against you would be even worse...

Okay, back to the bickering...

Do you feel like USAPA has your back, Andy? I'm pretty sure you don't. I wish you'd gotten farther with your attempt at running for office. Frankly, I think we'd all have been better off if you'd gotten more support in your endeavour.

Do you feel like USAPA has your back, Andy? I'm pretty sure you don't. I wish you'd gotten farther with your attempt at running for office. Frankly, I think we'd all have been better off if you'd gotten more support in your endeavour.

Has my back? Or has a knife to shove in my back at an opportune time? :D

I was just giving TWA a hard time about "hell"... As for us being better off, call me a hopeless optimist, but I think we'll be better off soon. Once this merger is settled, regardless of the outcome, I'm hopeful that we'll all get along fine (except on these boards...). With the exception of a couple of crotchety old men, everyone I've dealt with over the past few years have been gentlemen -- even the ones that disagree with me completely. I'm willing to bet that it is the same once we start flying together. Interestingly, contrary to the insulting comments made on here, most East DoH guys are not "greedy scum" that simply want to steal jobs or are "duped" by USAPA leadership. Most are principled, Godly men that view defending their view of seniority (DoH) as a moral decision. We may disagree, but that doesn't make them evil or "scum," as some would suggest. There are certainly wounds that will take a while to heal (some people will never get over them) -- but I'm hopeful that over time we will all (thankfully) move on...

And besides, EVERYONE knows that hell is spending eternity on a crewbus with 70 year old long-haul F/A's (East OR West).......

This is civil war and each side has a completely different view of what the central issue is.

If we were to compare the USAirways civil war to the US civil war, it would be as though the North (east) had wanted slavery and had seceded from the union in defense of their equivalent of states rights and the South (west) was willing to fight against it to preserve the union and what they felt were the Founders principals (honoring the Nic agreement in this case) . We would today be a slave nation with those morally outraged by the practice forced to pay taxes to support a government that refuses to represent them.

Of course with the benefit of hindsight we know that slavery (subjugation of the west) would be unsustainable over the long haul, but in the short term the fight was bloody and left long-lasting scars (unrecoverable pay, benefits and time with family along with the complete elimination of camaraderie between pilots).

Andy, I think you cloud the issue. Yes we may get past the disagreement when it is finally resolved, but what may never get past is the damage to men's lives caused by prosecuting them in court over made-up claims. Had USAPA decided to withhold collecting dues until the seniority issue was settled and paid for their own defense, I think the reconciliation you hope for would have a better chance.

This has to be the most stupid post ever on this board. Perhaps on any Internet board since Mr. Gore plugged it in.

I honestly don't know if I should laugh at it or be utterly embarrassed that someone I share the same profession with could write a post like this and then post it on a public forum.

Just what the hell are you smoking?

This is civil war and each side has a completely different view of what the central issue is.

If we were to compare the USAirways civil war to the US civil war, it would be as though the North (east) had wanted slavery and had seceded from the union in defense of their equivalent of states rights and the South (west) was willing to fight against it to preserve the union and what they felt were the Founders principals (honoring the Nic agreement in this case) . We would today be a slave nation with those morally outraged by the practice forced to pay taxes to support a government that refuses to represent them.

Of course with the benefit of hindsight we know that slavery (subjugation of the west) would be unsustainable over the long haul, but in the short term the fight was bloody and left long-lasting scars (unrecoverable pay, benefits and time with family along with the complete elimination of camaraderie between pilots).

Andy, I think you cloud the issue. Yes we may get past the disagreement when it is finally resolved, but what may never get past is the damage to men's lives caused by prosecuting them in court over made-up claims. Had USAPA decided to withhold collecting dues until the seniority issue was settled and paid for their own defense, I think the reconciliation you hope for would have a better chance.

Last edited:
Gee Lear if they hadn't held you back you might have made it into 5th grade history. I suppose when your head is in the sand everything goes over it! :)

I hate to say it
But any of these posts that take our contentions and compare it to slavery or the nazis or anything else is pretty dumb.
Nobody will torture, execute you, and rape your wife if you decide not to work for usair

Lol. Good point! The Westicles love to cry about every thing and truth be told they don't know how good they have it with Usapa. Let the APA take care of these vermins is what I say!
Every time you open your nut drainer, you get more comical!
You eastholes are nothing more than Mesa grande!

This has to be the most stupid post ever on this board. Perhaps on any Internet board since Mr. Gore plugged it in.

I honestly don't know if I should laugh at it or be utterly embarrassed that someone I share the same profession with could write a post like this and then post it on a public forum.

Just what the hell are you smoking?

What else do you expect from Grumpy? He recently boasted how dumb all Easties are for letting a fake pilot ride the jumpseat (without knowing the entire story). I am still undecided whether to use:

1. The dark side clouds everything (Yoda) or
2. Ignorance is strength (George Orwell)

I wonder if he is mentally fit enough to command an airplane...

It all comes down to honoring your agreements, if the Nic. was more to the radical Easties view, they would be preaching our battle cry from the mountain tops. We let a neutral third party decide our fate and one side does not want to live up to what they signed up for. Your word is not worth a cent, so how can we trust anything you say?

Latest resources

Back