• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Incorrect assumption - if he has upgraded in the last 3 years or so - his little yellow lanyard has returned an investment of almost $80,000 thru the end of 2013. And your $675 tie has lost you thousands if according to your logic - if the TA was passed with the "Kirby" proposal and NIC implemented - you would have had upgraded / and or gotten a hourly pay increase.
A whole lotta "ifs" there Jethrojet.

How about IF the east accepted the NIC and pressed immediately for a new contract with the full force of the unified pilot group behind it and IF that resulted in a MUCH improved first contract and IF that forced the company to up the MOU significantly in order to buy a smooth merger with AA and IF the east had the credibility to make relevant and meaningful contribution to the leadership of the new APA-controlled pilot union then everyone would have gained, not merely those who grabbed their embarrassing $125/hr gold stripe.

On the other hand, by defending to the death your lowest wages in the industry, you had a much better statistical chance of merging with someone who could have brought your wages up.

I'm sorry there's no one back east you can rely on to tell you the truth. Do you have a magnetic ribbon in the shape of a question mark on your car for Ignorance Awareness. Help find a cure before its too late!

So, I see the idiotic spin and vitriol is still spewing here. Inflammatory rhetoric cranked up to 11! Jesus, what a pathetic waste of time. I'm glad I only drop by here once in a great while.

I just have a question related to the latest East bid: How does Date of Hire look now? Seriously, if you wake up tomorrow and decide to live in the here and now (fat chance, I understand), would it be so awful bad and viciously demeaning to assume your position based on the day you were hired at -- what was that place? -- oh yeah, America West Airlines (AKA: Commercial Aviation's Ultimate Powerhouse.)

OK....that's all. I'll stop by next month to read all the wise and considerate words this thought process generates. Enjoy your PHX narrow body flying.

Yes, be careful. Everyone should conveniently forget that usair was on the verge of dissolution. And forget their ever was a final and binding award between east and west.

You hope for that I know, but the rest of the industry hasn't forgotten

BeCareful would likely have had BeenUnemployed. Even though they may feel protected by No Bump No Flush, justice is only a hub re-alignment away. Keep a displacement bid on file!

Make sure you snap a selfie in your position before it vaporizes.

No, there's something much worse: trying to fly for an airline under a "union" that actively works against you and is incompetent in every endeavor.

No, there's something much worse: trying to fly for an airline under a "union" that actively works against you and is incompetent in every endeavor.

How is it worse? If they are "incompetent in every endeavor," is it any worse that they work against you? It would seem to me that a competent union working against you would be even worse...

Okay, back to the bickering...

How is it worse? If they are "incompetent in every endeavor," is it any worse that they work against you? It would seem to me that a competent union working against you would be even worse...

Okay, back to the bickering...

Lol. Good point! The Westicles love to cry about every thing and truth be told they don't know how good they have it with Usapa. Let the APA take care of these vermins is what I say!

At least you'd feel like you were getting something for your money. Even if you didn't want it. Paying for incompetence makes it worse.

On the plus side, it will be easy enough (though somewhat time consuming) to reverse the effects of USAPA.

Latest resources

Back