• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

begsby

Subject: American Airlines Pilot Class Date

Good afternoon,

Congratulations on successfully completing the pilot interview process at American Airlines. We are very passionate about our future, and believe that you, as a future American pilot, will play a critical role in the continued success of our airline.

I know you are waiting to be assigned your class date, and I want to share some information I learned this week. We are currently experiencing quit a backlog in Training. Due to this backlog and in conjunction with the typical holiday training slow-down, we are reducing the number of pilots we are bringing on board in 2014. If the current plan holds, the majority of you will be offered your class date sometime within the first quarter of 2015.

I apologize for the delay. I realize how critical this class date is for you, your families and your future planning, so I will share information with you as quickly as I can. Please feel free to contact me at ________ with any questions.

Thank you all and we will be speaking with you soon.

DL is still at 85 a month through next April, and then 50 a month during the busy Summer season. The large retirements numbers haven't even really started yet. I'm sure AA will start back up in the Spring. They have more retirements coming than the other big 2. And think how many US Easties will leave if they learn the Westies will keep the NIC award going into the SLI arbitration with the APA? They will probably go to 500 a month at that point....

Bye Bye---General Lee

DL is still at 85 a month through next April, and then 50 a month during the busy Summer season. The large retirements numbers haven't even really started yet. I'm sure AA will start back up in the Spring. They have more retirements coming than the other big 2. And think how many US Easties will leave if they learn the Westies will keep the NIC award going into the SLI arbitration with the APA? They will probably go to 500 a month at that point....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Still processing those applications eh? How you find the time flying that desk of yours?

I believe it's just to catch up on a training backlog not a suspension.

There are two training facilities, right ? Are both running full speed and still there's a backlog ?

Interviews still being conducted in the meantime ?

Both training centers full. Actually we have 3, and east guys are being sent to PHX for sims too. I have not seen a definitive answer about interviews. Airways never had a pool, but apparently the new AA is good with paying for 6 weeks of time off before sims, and making guys swim for months for a class date.

Is this just on the AA side or does this affect the legacy US as well? I have a class date upcoming but haven't heard anything from Airways about canceling it.

Latest resources

Back