Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to Lay Off 2,500 Pilots...... Ouch!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
enigma said:
Maybe I missed it, but I still haven't read your ideas on how to realistically accomplish this pay plan. Until you find a way to control the pilot supply in the same way the AMA controls MD's, none of the griping about LCC pilots will amount to anything.

regards,
8N

Don't think I have all the answers, I just want us to know that there needs to be something done, or else the spiral down will continue. I am all for some kind of supply control.

To start with, no more work visa's for Europeans to come here and fly. Also, there is maybe the need to investigate the Flight schools and all the various GA related groups that keep drumming the BS phony mantra of a "pilot shortage" which may have worked to further increase the supply of pilots and thus play into the hands of the employers by reducing the cost of their labor, especially at the regional airline level...

Pilot shortage my ass! AirInc and All of those BS places need to be investigated.

BTW.. this thread has moved.

''To start with, no more work visa's for Europeans to come here and fly''

Ok, and all the yanks working in europe, asia and africa back to the us!, and no more work visa's for yanks in Europe... (BS! d0h!):rolleyes:

g'day

And btw, in that case, stop drinving your volvo :p

Just kidding, bud please dude, grow up..

g'day

-n

'day

Latest resources

Back