Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

11-02-05 | American Shifts Gears at PIT
American intends to shut down its mainline operation, furlough 77 employees, and shift passengers to regional jets flown by its affiliate American Eagle at PIT in mid-December. It blames lackluster demand and low revenues on the change. The furloughed employees can apply for new positions with American Eagle.

I got the first PIT overnight after that announcement. Surprisingly, the coffee didn't taste like it was spit in, but it probably was. Sorry PIT, just another casualty, much like the entire state of Ohio was. Frankly, I think it stinks too.

By they way, this was announced some time ago. And it only affects the ground crews based in PIT, where Eagle has been doing a lot of flying in and out of beforehand.

Last edited:
roughneck said:
11-02-05 | American Shifts Gears at PIT
American intends to shut down its mainline operation, furlough 77 employees, and shift passengers to regional jets flown by its affiliate American Eagle at PIT in mid-December. It blames lackluster demand and low revenues on the change. The furloughed employees can apply for new positions with American Eagle.

No pilots...

word is that AA ground workers are in danger at all but the hub cities... Sad but the writing is on the wall. I think We Blame BUSH for all this he been eliminating the middle class since he took office.

eglpilot said:
word is that AA ground workers are in danger at all but the hub cities... Sad but the writing is on the wall. I think We Blame BUSH for all this he been eliminating the middle class since he took office.

Come on dude,

Bush is to blame for the Hurricanes. It is Southwest Airlines who is to blame for the layoffs at the "legacy carriers" and the subsequent elimination of the middle class.

Latest resources

Back