• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

AA to furlough again.

roughneck

Total Time
11-02-05 | American Shifts Gears at PIT
American intends to shut down its mainline operation, furlough 77 employees, and shift passengers to regional jets flown by its affiliate American Eagle at PIT in mid-December. It blames lackluster demand and low revenues on the change. The furloughed employees can apply for new positions with American Eagle.

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
I got the first PIT overnight after that announcement. Surprisingly, the coffee didn't taste like it was spit in, but it probably was. Sorry PIT, just another casualty, much like the entire state of Ohio was. Frankly, I think it stinks too.

By they way, this was announced some time ago. And it only affects the ground crews based in PIT, where Eagle has been doing a lot of flying in and out of beforehand.

Last edited:

aa73

Total Time
roughneck said:
11-02-05 | American Shifts Gears at PIT
American intends to shut down its mainline operation, furlough 77 employees, and shift passengers to regional jets flown by its affiliate American Eagle at PIT in mid-December. It blames lackluster demand and low revenues on the change. The furloughed employees can apply for new positions with American Eagle.

No pilots...

eglpilot

Total Time
5000+
word is that AA ground workers are in danger at all but the hub cities... Sad but the writing is on the wall. I think We Blame BUSH for all this he been eliminating the middle class since he took office.

TexaSWA

Total Time
-
eglpilot said:
word is that AA ground workers are in danger at all but the hub cities... Sad but the writing is on the wall. I think We Blame BUSH for all this he been eliminating the middle class since he took office.

Come on dude,

Bush is to blame for the Hurricanes. It is Southwest Airlines who is to blame for the layoffs at the "legacy carriers" and the subsequent elimination of the middle class.

TexaSWA

Total Time
-