AA to drop Part of AmericanConnection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

exeagle

From the mouth of Peter Bowler, AA will drop part of the American Connection Code share to help comply with ASM cap.

Last edited:
Imagine that - management finding a way around a mainline scope clause. Wake up ALPA, and APA - time to try another approach.

InclusiveScope

InclusiveScope said:
Imagine that - management finding a way around a mainline scope clause. Wake up ALPA, and APA - time to try another approach.

InclusiveScope

What's wrong with that? Amr has decided to drop a codeshare contract in order to allow for growth at a W/O carrier. Good for Eagle. They are not finding a way around scope, they are working within the scope agreement with mainline and giving the flying to their W/O carrier.

MetroSheriff said:

What's wrong with that? Amr has decided to drop a codeshare contract in order to allow for growth at a W/O carrier. Good for Eagle. They are not finding a way around scope, they are working within the scope agreement with mainline and giving the flying to their W/O carrier.

MetroSheriff

I don't see anything wrong with it. I am glad to see Eagle growing. However I am one of those evil RJDC people that is constantly being told that mainline scope against RJs will create more high paying mainline jobs. This is continuing proof that management finds ways around this "RJ scope". It is not me that is upset about this announcement Metro, my comment was TIC. Ask the mainline American pilots what they think about this however. You see AMR isn't "dropping a STL codeshare, rather they are "renaming" or "recoding" this feed to get around the APA scope language. The end result is the regional is growing and Eagle will continue to grow. I just wonder when the mainline pilots will wakeup and realize that their beloved contract language that limits us is not working for them either. Time for a different approach.

InclusiveScope

I'm confused by this whole thing. Our CEO put out a memo basically making it sound like we wouldn't be losing any flying just operating as "Trans States Airlines" instead of "American Connection". Maybe it will be like any other "oneworld" carrier, whereas we would still be booked through SABRE but instead of the AA code we will fly our own code kinda like BA. I don't see why this hasn't been thought of before. It sounds to easy, but maybe I don't have all the facts. Here is a quote from Peter Bowler :

Although there will be some loss of connect traffic to American when the "AA*" code is removed, American will continue to have a relationship with the AmericanConnection carriers and is working on plans to retain as much connect revenue from these carriers as possible.

It doesn't sound to me like they "dropped a code share contract" sounds like we are gonna be making more money on these runs until they get their ASM thing under control.

TSA Pilot

Last edited:
Hoo boy!

I can't wait to be recalled to TSA!! Any day now! I'm sure of it!!!!

LOL!!!

What AA mgt has done is removed the AA flt numbers off the non Eagle feed, there for allowing for more Eagle flying. This is good for Eagle because it keeps them under the cap but it doesn't help them get rid of American Connection. I don't even think that the Arbitrators will do that completely either.

FL370

The American Connection flying should ALL have been dropped cold a long time ago. It is in direct violation of the American Eagle PWA, one of the few good things in that contract. I'm certainly not going to rejoice over mgmt finding another way to walk all over a contract they negotiated and signed in good faith.

But...

It sure ain't going to stop you from rejoicing in the fact that a whole bunch of "American Connection" pilots are going to be either thrown out of work or have their furloughs extended, right?

sabreliner said:
The American Connection flying should ALL have been dropped cold a long time ago. It is in direct violation of the American Eagle PWA, one of the few good things in that contract. I'm certainly not going to rejoice over mgmt finding another way to walk all over a contract they negotiated and signed in good faith.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when I read the AEA>ALPA Contract, I read the scope clause to mean that the flying performed by aircraft where Eagle has operational control over the aircraft would be flown by members of the ALPA/EGF Seniority list, i.e., aircraft listed in Eagle/Exec's OpsSpecs. Since CHQ and TSA are not owned by eagle, nor are those aircraft listed on the Eagle OpsSpecs, I dont see where the letter of scope is violated, but the SPIRIT of scope is, but when dealing with AMR, we all know its the LETTER that counts, and NOT the SPIRIT.

I agree, Connex shouldve been let go when TWA was bought by AMR, but then who wouldve done the feed, and with the time between TWA and 9.11, the timing didnt leave much to be desired.

Latest resources

Back