AA recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100 c.i.

Any input on AA recalls, 5 numbers to go and unemployed again and need a recall asap. Word on the line is that reserves are flying 85 hours plus a month. Please any good news on recalls?

Any input on AA recalls, 5 numbers to go and unemployed again and need a recall asap. Word on the line is that reserves are flying 85 hours plus a month. Please any good news on recalls?

Wish I had some, but I don't. Rumor is no furlough plans even with the slowdown in traffic. Summer is flying heavy, but not 85 hours from my experience in my fleet. Expect a dropoff after summer.

I think everything depends on how fast the economy recovers. The soonest I could guess there would be new recalls would be next Spring as more 737's are delivered and if the economy picks up. I'd be flabbergasted if there were recalls before then.

Do you have an Airbus type? Come look overseas. There are some 73 jobs too.

When recalls happen you might not get in even being 5 numbers away. The "undeferals" will be coming out of the woodwork like they did for the last 3 classes. What we need is retirements...NOT, or economic recovery.... NOT. It might help is guys would stop picking up open time.

It might help is guys would stop picking up open time.

When did the thread turn to Continental.;)

Where you commonly hear "I gotta fly 90 hours a month to make ends meet!" come from the left seat. :rolleyes:

Gimme that, gimme that, gimme that nut...:angryfire

When did the thread turn to Continental.;)

Where you commonly hear "I gotta fly 90 hours a month to make ends meet!" come from the left seat. :rolleyes:

Gimme that, gimme that, gimme that nut...:angryfire

You gotta admit though, this summer has been better than last with fewer losers attempting VJM. It seems that skeds is using the hell out of reserve CA in the right seat, though.

Because there not informed.

Are you even a member?

APA has all furlough stats along with a wealth of information on its website - from job openings to current/future manning plans - heck, even a furlough clock (overkill, IMO.) The information is clearly there, if you are a member in good standing.

On that note, the company has not released any plans to furlough pilots. They are slightly overstaffed for 3Q and 4Q 2009, but I've heard the cost of furloughing outweighs keeping the pilots for the bump in summer 2010 flying.

Latest resources

Back