AA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jc3

On the new CBA, how much time do you get when scheduling calls you to be at the Airport when on long or short reserve? Thx

I was trying to find that also. Someone told me there is no set time just a "reasonable amount of time". I take that to be 3 to 4 hours??????

It is still "reasonably available by ground transportation." There is no defined amount of time, but each base has a reasonably good estimate based on local traffic and conditions. for example, for NYC, sometimes 3-4 hrs is considered reasonable.

I think the new system, which is nowhere close to being done yet, will have a 2hr call out, but not 100% sure.

It is still "reasonably available by ground transportation." There is no defined amount of time, but each base has a reasonably good estimate based on local traffic and conditions. for example, for NYC, sometimes 3-4 hrs is considered reasonable.

I think the new system, which is nowhere close to being done yet, will have a 2hr call out, but not 100% sure.

Thanks!

Here is the rule...which is stated under the commuter policy and not the reserve section of the contract...

"10. Nothing in this Supplemental Agreement shall be construed or interpreted as a change or
modification to the past practice of a reserve pilot being _reasonably available by surface
transportation" to the airport."

Also there is no longer a "20 minute" rule to accept an assignment to "protect" your seniority when assignments are being handed out. Now it states in the reserve section:

"Reserve pilots are responsible for being contactable while on short or long call,
and are expected to return calls to Crew Schedule without unreasonable delay."

So there you have it

Eddie B.

Is there a long call reserve?
Everything I've read has to do with "reasonable surface transportation".
To me that is short call.

260 with options for 365 more.. They're scheduled to start arriving later this year I believe..

Question for AA guys. What is your "new" LTD benefit? East current costs $100/month and you get 50% average monthly earnings. In the info we got it looks like you guys pay $0 (zero) and get 60% average monthly earnings. Is this correct? Kind of not very clear on this chart they sent out to us.

What about STD (not the kind on your nut sack after a trip to Vegas). Yours says $50/week. Does that mean you get 50/week plus sick pay/bank until you go on LTD?

Anyone know what the 12 million annual credit is under profit sharing?

For West guys, under trip trade, what is "jungle rules"? Does that mean first come, first served? Just curious, never seen that term before wrt a pilot contract.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back