• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with NetJets?"

Uh , yeah...?

Run that logic by us if you would.

YKW

Um, yeah. When I was at a commuter in the early 2000s, a lot of pilots wanted to go there. I wasn't one of them because I always wanted to be an airline pilot. I wasn't interested in UPS or FedEx either, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

Pre-2005 Netjets was a below average on compensation and QOL.. It was a place that many furloughees went to keep flying.

Between 2005-2007, NJA was good for Captains but really crappy still for FO's.. Mandatory 5 bases, low pay.. ( but the ever famous "you'll upgrade in 2 years" carrot)

So many SIC's left between '05-'07 (Major's hiring) that something had to be done to improve retention rates...

In comes IBB 2007... Suddenly newhires were making $65-80K first year. Every regional Captain and FO, who wasn't dead set on 121, could go to Netjets and receive an immediate improvement in their personal compensation, retirement, medical bennies, and QOL on the road.. Labor relations were excellent, in 3 years I never heard of a guy wanting to quit NJA...

Then the recession, change in management, furloughs, and now labor disputes and contract negotiations... Factor in 15+year upgrades, little to no a/c movement, management nickle and diming everything, and work not be as enjoyable... Plus pay at Majors far exceeds most anything you'll see at Netjets long term.

Netjets is still a good job, but their 2-3 years in the limelight has dimmed... It was a short but good run.

What a freakin joke. Is that a fixed amount or will the cola raises increase that?

$40/hr new hire pay is the BK pay rate that all airlines had during their BKs as well. While it is a low rate compared to UAL and DAL, it will undoubtedly come up to UAL/dal standards with the new JCBA we sign in a year or two.

I will let my bank know that I don't need to pay the mortgage for 12 months. It's only a year.

Someone should let Delta, Alaska, United, Southwest, JetBlue, and probably others that they are paying first year pilots too much. I guess after a decade of flying airplanes, we all have some more dues to pay if we want to work for American.

A current JetBlue pilot, sitting here criticizing AA for first year pay rates. Priceless. I knew FI was still good for laughs.

Latest resources

Back