• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA pilot not guilty in MAN incident.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure by playing six degrees of separation we can tie this guy to JetBlue. Where is General Lee.

Forgive me because I really don't know, but is there no other way to call in sick if overseas? A big airline like that?

You can get a hold of scheduling from anywhere in the world via land line. He could have at least called ops in MAN and had them relay a message to scheduling.

He is a lucky man. He will now claim that he is an alcoholic and due to the PC'ness of our country, he will be given his job back.

There are extenuating circumstances in this case, some medical, that will likely never be reported. I know it's more fun to shoot first then aim, but perhaps the jury considered all the evidence before coming to a verdict.

I am sure by playing six degrees of separation we can tie this guy to JetBlue. Where is General Lee.

Speaking of Manchester, I hear Jet Blue is going to fly to New Hampshire soon as a new city, as soon as they start firing those guys whose five-year contracts are up.

There are extenuating circumstances in this case, some medical, that will likely never be reported. I know it's more fun to shoot first then aim, but perhaps the jury considered all the evidence before coming to a verdict.

No way, man !! He's guilty.:)

It clears him overseas, but the FAA will probably take his tickets. They feel that if you show up for work, you intend to fly. There is no leeway in this. At a min he will have to do all of his certs over after treatment.

It clears him overseas, but the FAA will probably take his tickets. They feel that if you show up for work, you intend to fly. There is no leeway in this. At a min he will have to do all of his certs over after treatment.

You just made that up!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Please shut up and sit down, clown.

He is a lucky man. He will now claim that he is an alcoholic and due to the PC'ness of our country, he will be given his job back.

Actually the APA probably has a HIMS program of some sort. He will go to "Beer Drinking School" and come back and be fit for flight...as many before him have.

True statement. With ADA you can claim to have almost any "problem" and go to some sort of rehab and then be forgiven. The point is that some one can be an occasional drinker, then have a few too many and get caught trying to fly. If he claims that he has a drinking problem he will get a second chance. On the other hand if a new hire probation pilot is on an airplane that dings a wing, he's fired.

But I agree, many have done it before.

Latest resources

Back