Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

:-)

Hail Calvin
Radio news just reported that an AA flight from PVD to DFW slid off the runway on take off. No other info was given. Has anyone heard anymore?

Cal

WARWICK, R.I. (AP) -- An American Airlines plane skidded off a runway connector this morning at T-F Green Airport in Warwick. No one was injured.

Crews are trying to move the plane back onto the connector. The plane was bound from Green to Dallas-Fort Worth. An Associated Press photographer aboard the plane says passengers didn’t know the plane had skidded off until the pilot informed them.

The photographer says passengers are being taken off the plane from the tail section, because crews want to lessen the weight to move it back on to the connector.

Flight 501 was due to leave at 7:15 this morning, with more than 100 passengers. It has been delayed due to a backlog caused by the winter storm in the area.

Jump,

Quickest way to find yourself off the runway is to make fun of the ones that just did.

KC-10 Driver said:
jumpjet-

I don't understand. How is this a common problem for AA pilots? Please elaborate.
We AA pilots have plenty of enemies throughout the industry... or so it seems. Anytime some kind of event happens, the "AA bashing" hits en masse.

As 737PYLT said, we just can't catch a break. It's been an incredible run of bad luck.

I think most of the animosity is probably directed to our sorry excuse of a union, but most just direct it to the rank and file.

Latest resources

Back