• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Management Bonuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on Pilotyip, you know that they are not interested in anything that is contrary to how they think things should be.
Let's see,,,,, managements job is to increase shareholder value!!. It is not to see how many people we can employ, how we can cut or increase payroll, not to make dues payments to unions, not to look good in the sky. The idea is to increase the profits and value of the stock. They do that and they get more stuff. It is business in it's simplist form.

You know what would amount to profits? A $10 increase in ticket prices per leg by all the airlines. The public wouldn't even feel it. My fee?? I'd be happy with the 50th highest paid manager at AMR. What a deal huh?

Not defending, just a fact

Draginass said:
You mean the same incompetents that . . . .

Arpey has tried some of that Corporate 101 touchy-feely sloganeering to try and placate some of the anger, but trust is not a word that should be associated with ANY manager in corporate America, and much less at ANY airline, and certainly not at AMR.

Arpey is not included in the bonus program. I am NOT defending these huge bonuses to the execs but do respect the top dog for not accepting a bonus at this time. Only if the others would follow their leader...

Someone relayed a story to me about how the new Harvard MBA's who don't get picked up anywhere (bottom of their class) go work for the airlines. Sorry, not flame bait; just passing on what one of the profs said.

Dangerkitty said:
The management did nothing to keep the company out of BK it was the pilots, FA's and ground workers who took MASSIVE pay cuts that helped keep AA out of BK.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but your statement does conflict with the conventional wisdom on this board. I've seen it a million times on this board over the past few years that "concessions won't save the company" and "concessions aren't needed...change the business model." This has been the constant mantra of those on this board that concessions won't save airline XYZ. Now the company is rebounding and you claim that concessions DID save the company and you want your money back.

You can't say concessions won't help and then turn around and demand a raise because concessions saved the company.

MedFlyer said:
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but your statement does conflict with the conventional wisdom on this board. I've seen it a million times on this board over the past few years that "concessions won't save the company" and "concessions aren't needed...change the business model." This has been the constant mantra of those on this board that concessions won't save airline XYZ. Now the company is rebounding and you claim that concessions DID save the company and you want your money back.

You can't say concessions won't help and then turn around and demand a raise because concessions saved the company.
If we hadn't voted those concessions in place back in 2003 then we would be in BK right now. AMR had the lawyers in New York with instructions to sign the BK paperwork if one of the three groups didn't agree to the concessions. This is a fact.

Where did I demand a raise?

I just find it incredibly hypocritical that while AMR is asking for more concessions from the APA with productivity increases and at the same time are going to award $500 Million in management bonuses.

Furthermore, I have taken the ultimate concession for the sake of AMR. I am furloughed (Thank God) and will not be returning.

Latest resources

Back