AA Landing in Vegas on Sunday (video)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
Actually I think he did a pretty good job of explaining it to people who don't fly. He did a lot better with it than whoever it was after the AF crash in YYZ that said he assumed that the plane had less fuel when it landed than when it took off. I can't count the number of times I have heard a pax talking about a low wing landing on an ATR, not knowing why we do it that way.

No kidding-much like when business guys waiting for a plane overhear a couple of pilots talking as though they have MBAs.

EagleRJ--I always found the -80 easier to land well than most other variants. The -9 was almost as easy but the 717 was really difficult. Maybe you need to choose your commute airline better... ;)

TWA had a 8 deg. nose up limit on landing. I couldn't find the diagram that showed the angle from the mains to the wingtip--although it would have to be the angle with the mains extended to mean anything.

The Chief Pilots just said "just don't hit anything". Worked for us! ;)

StaySeated said:
holy cow, watch until the trashy vegas news chick turns her head and you can see her profile...look at the size of that girls head!!!She has an extra skull or something! It like an orange and a toothpick!

Didn't notice ... I'd do her.

psysicx said:
According to her bio she is single and enjoys spending time with her cat.

Huh... Did it say anything about her being a former TWA flight attendant? :rolleyes: ;) TC

Cat Rancher....

AA717driver said:
Huh... Did it say anything about her being a former TWA flight attendant? :rolleyes: ;) TC

It could be just about anybody.

320AV8R said:
WOW !!!

A tail strike, a dragged wing AND a hard landing all in one !!!!!

What was this guy thinking ? He should have gone around !!!!

Maybe he was too distracted by the other pilot's screaming !!!!!!

320AV8R

Maybe he should just keep practicing until he is as good as you?
You must be really new at this...

If you brings her cat up in her bio she is just waiting for some guy to sweep her off her feet. So all you single people in Vegas go and make her day.

Latest resources

Back