AA/JB advancing their partnership?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unlimited.

( 10 second answer) APA and AA have to meet and discuss. If there is no agreement, issue goes to binding arbitration.

I can't believe, in 80 years of operations and farmed out to wholly owned codeshares that AA pilots have no contractual protection from this sort of thing.

Maybe you guys think as slowly as you taxi.

Gup

Unlimited.

( 10 second answer) APA and AA have to meet and discuss. If there is no agreement, issue goes to binding arbitration.

Bull...

You forgot the other 2 hours 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

...and the arbitrator is given guard rails in which the terms of a potential code share are granted. Once UAL or DAL start to code share with A320 providers then AMR can submit to the arbitrator and make the case that it is allowed under your so called "unlimited' provision.

The process is a peer averaging the competition (now only DAL and UAL) and the granting of scope relaxation for non-feed or commuter operations.

Once UAL outsources A320 to SkyWest then AMR can approach APA and if APA tell AMR to go FIS then AMR can submit to the arbitrator its case.

Last edited:
It's the continuing end of mainline domestic flying for the AA pilots. Hey, but it's all good. Eagle is hiring. That's WONDERFUL f'n news!

I think the jetBlue crowd is just as pissed as the AA crowd is. This curtails growth for everyone.

The tragic thing about all this is how jetBlue management is denying this. On Friday, these clowns have the stones to tell us we don't need legally binding scope, and a "trust us" agreement is better for everyone. Then, on Monday, this story breaks!

One of the midlevel muckity mucks is denying everything and saying that the VP at AA was misquoted and there is absolutely no codeshare talk going on. BUT... there has been no comment from anyone at the top levels of our company.

For the sake of everyone's career at AA, Eagle, and JetBlue... I hope this thing gets squashed. Unfortunately, APA is the only group that can stop it. Us over here at JetBlue have been REAL slow to recognize the forest for the trees.

Is this agreement going to be any different than the one AA has with AS? I heard AS derives about 90 million a year from their agreement.

Latest resources

Back