• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA: How to Address/Phone change?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which all makes sense. They can't commit to keeping these people, should new govt rules preclude some of them for qualifying (which is unlikely in the first place). This is a simple cover your butt answer that say's we will do our best for them, with in reasonableness.

BTW, I talked with a AA recruiter recently who told me that there is still talk of possible hiring as early as Q1 next year. So I hold on to my optomisim, and maybe I'll be disappointed. So life goes.

What?

Whats an AA recruiter?

You mean corporate recruiter?

What does that have to do with pilots?

>>BTW, I talked with a AA recruiter recently who told me that there is still talk of possible hiring as early as Q1 next year. So I hold on to my optomisim, and maybe I'll be disappointed. So life goes. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey everyone - info that might be useful here:

208 are being recalled to AA due to Supp CC (the TWA integration), and the NMB ruling on a combined seniority list.

This is not a voluntary recall by AA, but has been forced on them by the contract. The conventional wisdom was that once the 208 were recalled, TWA would get axed by about, ohh....lets say...208.

From what I have seen and heard, TWA is NOT going to furlough any more pilots, so this ends up being a real recall. Does this mean there are more recalls in the future? I doubt it.

The AA training system is overloaded with 727 people being retrained (including me - I don't have a training date yet), and it will be at least 3 or 4 months until all of the displacements and training due to the 727 retirements are complete. Add to this the recalls, and the training dept will be full until the fall of this year.

After that, you have to give Crew Scheduling a few months to figure out how they are going to fly the schedule with the pilots on the payroll; if they can get away with flying the folks on Reserve up to the monthly max, they will, with no more recalls.

With a system this big (over 13,000 pilots on the payroll), minor deviations to flying can be absorbed easily. If we see continued growth back up to pre 9/11 levels, then I'd expect some recalls in the early months of 2003. If the growth continues, expect the recalls to continue, and for everyone to be recalled by summer 2004.

I know this seems very pessimistic, but AMR is in the "maximize employee production" mode, not the "hire" mode. They will squeeze every hour of work out of every pilot without flexing any bid status as long as they can.

Just my opinion of course. If I ran the show every pilot would be back working tomorrow!

Pilot141,

That's exactly the time frame I came up with also. If all continues to go well with the economy and the war on terrorism, I hope to be back between Christmas 2003 and the summer of 2004. I posted a question to the company about the schedule of future recalls, and although it wasn't posted on the website, they wrote me back and said the current plan is to recall the rest of us in 2003 and 2004. A big time frame there, but at least they're willing to state some numbers.

Re: What?

Clownpilot said:
Whats an AA recruiter?

You mean corporate recruiter?

What does that have to do with pilots?

>>BTW, I talked with a AA recruiter recently who told me that there is still talk of possible hiring as early as Q1 next year. So I hold on to my optomisim, and maybe I'll be disappointed. So life goes.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Since this is a pilot message board, it would follow that the recruiter is for pilots. Anyway, this is going in circles, so I'll see you all later.

When things finally get back to "normal" and AA starts hiring again, what type of hours are competetive for a civilian. I have a letter of rec from an AA 777 CA. How much weight does this hold in the post-Cecil days?

Do they like to see multiple type-ratings like UAL, or just overall turbine PIC?

Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: What?

Yeah, well thats the problem. We don't have any pilot recruiters, or even a recruiting office any more, for that matter.

Thanks for sticking your nose in something you know nothing about.

V70T5 said:

Since this is a pilot message board, it would follow that the recruiter is for pilots. Anyway, this is going in circles, so I'll see you all later. [/B][/QUOTE]

Re: Re: Re: What?

Clownpilot said:
Yeah, well thats the problem. We don't have any pilot recruiters, or even a recruiting office any more, for that matter.

Thanks for sticking your nose in something you know nothing about.

Well pal, you are dead wrong about the later point. I assure you.

Latest resources

Back