• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA guys - LASIK doctor in DFW area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just be careful....a buddy of mine tried to get a job in Japan and they dont allow LASIK at all. You never know what the future will bring, but it would be a bummer to close doors because of this procedure.

Just be careful....a buddy of mine tried to get a job in Japan and they dont allow LASIK at all. You never know what the future will bring, but it would be a bummer to close doors because of this procedure.

Can they tell if you've had it? (If you don't tell them?)

Can they tell if you've had it? (If you don't tell them?)

I've heard the medicals go WAY beyond what your chummy AME does for your first class here in the States. So, I would expect them to probe heavily into your eyes with powerful little beams of light. It's quite possible since they prohibit it that they'll look for signs of eye surgery. They might even go so far as to have an ophthalmologist examine you.

If you do get the LASIK done, make sure you get a consultation from a few different, independent doctors. There are different procedures and lasers out there. One doctor might not have the perfect solution for you. Also, the good doctors know when NOT to do the surgery. The guys on the radio and in the newspapers may tend to ignore small things that could cause trouble in the future. The consultations are usually free.

Latest resources

Back