• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA getting Sued??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately it's more than just rumor. AA's VP Kudwa has stated that the 717s would be gone by next autumn. I guess (hope) anything is subject to change, however. The TWA 75/76's are slated to be REPLACED with G.E./R.R. powered replacements. As far as STL becoming an Eagle hub, that is pure conjecture. To be sure, many routes are apparantly being replaced by RJs, but even RJs require mainline feed.

G'luck

TWA Dude - I know that the "stated" position was to replace the 75/76s, but the rumor (only) was otherwise - i.e. is their capacity needed. Like I said before, I hope it's not true. I'm not sure about the ramifications on jobs when the 717s go away. As far as STL as an AE "hub", the point is that AMR is trying to turn it into an airline that feeds itself. Scope is going to be a huge fight in the airline industry.

With so many guys on furlough, we don't need any more cockpit seats to go away.

Last edited:
Here is a rumor that I have heard a few times over the past few weeks: AAL is really trying to stall the downsizing because they want to pick up some more peices of other airlines at low, low prices. I heard from an assistant chief at a informal meeting of pilots that this was the case. Some of the other rumors have been airline specific from whom these pieces would be aquired. Anyone else heard this?

Diamond:
"Here is a rumor that I have heard a few times over the past few weeks: AAL is really trying to stall the downsizing because they want to pick up some more peices of other airlines at low, low prices."

What's AAL's cash burn rate? Are they sitting on enough cash to be able to do this?

I am not sure what the burn rate on the cash is, I am only a furloughed TWA, LLC pilot so Mr. Carty hasn't called to tell me. I am sure that once I am recalled, I will be consulted on the financial boundaries of future business proceedings.(Smell the sarcasm) Shoot, I don't know if they have enough money to do this or not, it was just a rumor I heard a few times. I also heard that there are people that still think the earth is flat. They have their own society. My own fifth grade math teacher a few years back tried to tell me that "pie are squared" . I KNOW the answer to THIS one, I grew up on a farm. PIE ARE ROUND, CORNBREAD ARE SQUARED!!!

Yeah, the rumor smelled of unbridled optomism. Last I read, AAL's cash burn rate was $10 -15 mil per day. While AAL has a pile of cash on hand, it gets spent pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed quickly.

Latest resources

Back