• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA furloughs cancelled!?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deep down I consider airline work not much more than day-labor. I'll fight like hell to change it back into a profession again, but there's a lot of pilots that are still working for day-labor money and work rules.

I understand the frustration in the airline pilot profession. It's been bad news after bad news for years now. However, as an AA furloughee now for 6 years, let me tell you, it's often quite better on the inside than out here. "Day-labor" out here means being on call 24/7, inconsistent training, truly poor compensation, aircraft being sold out from underneath you, no protection from employer abuses, no sick time, little to no 401K matching, etc. Rest rules, whatever.

I'm not saying things shouldn't be better at AA, just that it's likely better than most of what's available out here and lots of people would like your job.

Though I'd have to bypass initially to avoid being furloughed AGAIN, I look forward to going back someday.

Hey 73,

If you find yourself flying out of LA, here's an old saying from my TWA days: What color socks do the different bases wear? White socks in STL, black socks in Chicago, dirty socks in NY. In LA? No socks!

And if you wear socks during sex, you must be MSP-based!

(OT) Nice Kawi triple, Glasspilot1!

You're close JJ. It's a Suzuki Triple 2 stroke. 1975 GT750. First modern water cooled motorcycle. It's my baby! By the late 70's all the manufacturers had switched to 4 strokes with their street bikes for exhaust emissions.

Latest resources

Back