• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Avoids Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the TA is passed by the APA: The Eagle pilots will walk off the job.

If the TA is voted down: AMR will file BK immediately and ask the judge for everything they ever wanted.

It's a catastrophic situation.

What is BK?

I know you're using it to mean Bankrupt...but is BK some kind of a legal abbreviation or something? Just curious...not trying to start anything.

EagleRJ said:
If the TA is passed by the APA: The Eagle pilots will walk off the job.

If the TA is voted down: AMR will file BK immediately and ask the judge for everything they ever wanted.

It's a catastrophic situation.

Let's see....Eagle pilots wouldn't walk of the job to protect their careers against AMR Eagle's 16 year TA and we're supposed to believe that you'll walk off the job now to protest AA's TA?

I prefer BK over this TA personally. Only time will tell, but eventually you have to have a spine and stand up for something.

Good point 80drvr.
Thing is: we lose every major arbitration (the latest one under quite mysterious circumstances). We can't strike. 'Sick outs' don't work.

Our union has tried/is trying every legal option to improve things.
AMR really has us by the b*lls here and they know it.
Our biggest mistake was to sign that 16 year deal. Unfortunately,
it looks like we have to live with it for a decade longer.

I don't think quitting would get the message across to management either. There's too many guys out there that would step right in and hold the door for us on the way out.

Last edited:
If this TA passes and the furloughs start, Carty's going to come back, force more furloughs, and go after pensions. Predict a slashed A fund and elimination of the B-fund. An incremental attack, a la US Air's Siegle.

I'll bet the "plan" is to migrate all domestic flying to Eagle. You watch.

Be careful what you wish for...

If Sup W dies, with it goes the flow through. Sure, Eagle doesn't want AA furloughees to take the new ERJ's, that's understandable. But you should have thought about that when you agreed to the flowthrough.

If I was a AA newhire, I would now really resent the 400 some Eagle people that have seniority numbers senior to me. If you're going to get pissy about the flowback, we can get pissy about the flowthroughs.

As far as being hated by Eagle pilots goes, I've been in this business almost 20 years. I've been through the ARW-MVA and TWA-OZA merger aftermath and now I'm living with the AA-TWA merger. I've got pretty thick skin.

Cheers, TC

Sure, Eagle doesn't want AA furloughees to take the new ERJ's, that's understandable. But you should have thought about that when you agreed to the flowthrough.

Huh?? This TA has nothing to do with the "flowthrough/flowback". It is AA pilots coming in 'en masse' to take all future slots on 50+seat RJ's and the CRJ. The "flowback" has been followed to the letter thus far. This TA is merely an end run around that agreement.
There were very high expectations in both the flowthrough and flowback agreements. AA and AE both found out the hard way that there were glaring deficiencies from what was promised and from what actually happened.

What does the contract say? If AE ALPA thinks 50+ seat RJ and CRJ flying belongs to AE exclusively, then they need to grieve it.

Latest resources

Back