AA announcement on the 6th??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, FI was 0 & 23 on this one...:rolleyes:

In other words, for the bottom half of us TWA folks, check back again late next year. Who will be the next group to get our jobs back before us?

Last edited:
250 pilot recalls? Not bad. But who wants to be at the bottom of the AA list flying a dilapidated MD80 on reserve for years and years? What's the upgrade estimate at AA nowadays - 20+ years for newly recalled pilots? Yeah, no thanks...

buying Pinnacle Airlines and stapling them to the bottom of the seniority list

250 pilot recalls? Not bad. But who wants to be at the bottom of the AA list flying a dilapidated MD80 on reserve for years and years? What's the upgrade estimate at AA nowadays - 20+ years for newly recalled pilots? Yeah, no thanks...

Funny. A friend of mine who is a FT at Eagle showed me a paper that AA gave him about 6 months ago to help his decision on whether to transfer to AA or not. They estimated he would make CA in 5-7 years. Personally I think that is somewhat optimistic but I go with a 7-9 year upgrade range.

Two opposites. Aircal got DOH, Reno got the staple. What do you mean?

(If I'm wrong about this I'm sure I'll be corrected)

Just pointing out every time AA buys a West coast presence, they draw it down (Aircal). Then another airline (Reno) starts flying, AA buys them then quits the West coast again.

Thanks for the advice, Captain RJ. Go refill your meds for your sjs.

If AMR bought ALK they would have large hubs in ANC,SEA and LAX. Not saying it's going to happen, or want it to happen, but they would.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back