AA/AE one list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

3green

Lets say the AA/AE work out there problem and get one list, how many of you already at a regional, would go to AA and start out in a RJ that you already have flown. Would you do it to get to fly something bigerr and get retirment or would you skip AA and wait for another offer.

Last edited:
I'd go to Southwest. Say what you want about their snacks, paint, schedules, whatever. At least you don't have to worry about being furloughed.

Hell yeah. I'd wait and go to AA, but I'd also keep my options open.
Jason, you'll stay at CHQ for the rest of your life, so forget about LUV.

Peace brothers.

One of the benefits of having a popular SWA senior Captain for a father are the connections it provides. I have far more worries about keeping my CHQ job than I do about my ability to get hired at SWA when I meet the requirements. Trust me, I have plenty of friends there.

Besides, what's so bad about staying at CHQ for a career? It's a pretty nice place to work with some really outstanding people. I could do far worse.

Why don't you spend more time worrying about yourself and less worrying about me. I'll be just fine, either way.

Interesting comment about Southwest. About three years ago, my buddy was waiting for IOE to start ay CAL. About a week after he finished his sim training, SWA called. He wound up quitting CAL and taking the SWA job. He sad he did it for one reason, job security.
After 911, we talked and he said he would of been out of a job if he had stayed at CAL.
Keep in mind that back then the majors were all doing very well. It turned out to be a great decision for him.

"One of the benefits of having a popular SWA senior Captain for a father"

Must be NICE!!!! Do you still get an allowance?

No, I don't. He passed away in February.

in the long run wouldnt one list be good for the Eagle pilots? I can see how at first it wouldnt be if they brought back all the mainline pilots and dropped all the eagle pilots but once things picked back up and they got everyone back off the streets wouldnt it be good? I have no idea about this subject I am just trying to learn so dont blast me if I am way off base here.

Not sure the one-list idea will ever work - although it is a dream among most regional pilots. Mainline pilots are quite territorial and would require the regional guys to be stapled to the bottom of the list. I once heard a Comair CRJ captain claim that he "should" be a Delta 767 captain in 2-3 years when the seniority lists are merged... Can you believe that? Do you think the Delta pilots would EVER allow that? Nope. It's called reality boys...

Latest resources

Back