AA 3Q Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American Airlines Losses!

It is great to see American Airlines have to deal with what they dish out.They are by far the worst in the aviation community. Ask any TWA employee!

pilotman121 said:
It is great to see American Airlines have to deal with what they dish out.They are by far the worst in the aviation community. Ask any TWA employee!

Yes, we are ALL evil, glad you wish so much ill will on over 80,00 people and their families. I would hate to be on your bad side.

AA

aaFlyer-

The majority of the TWA folks will have trouble sparing much compassion for the 80,000 aa families since 20,000 TWA employees and their families were thrown away without a second thought. Many people I'm sure will appreciate the irony that so many of the negative comments directed towards the TWA pilots now seem to be so appropriately directed to the aa crowd.

Not trying to incite more fireworks, just stating the situation as I perceive it.

That being said, you seem to be one of the more coherent and moderate aa views/voices on this board. For that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say that you're not on my bad side. Though you would have a long way to go to actually be on my "good side". Probably doesn't sound like much, but it's a long way from my view when I was furloughed 2 years ago.Turns out to have been the best thing financially that could have happened, and that has helped my perspective a lot.

pylut said:
aaFlyer-

The majority of the TWA folks will have trouble sparing much compassion for the 80,000 aa families since 20,000 TWA employees and their families were thrown away without a second thought. Many people I'm sure will appreciate the irony that so many of the negative comments directed towards the TWA pilots now seem to be so appropriately directed to the aa crowd.

Not trying to incite more fireworks, just stating the situation as I perceive it.

That being said, you seem to be one of the more coherent and moderate aa views/voices on this board. For that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say that you're not on my bad side. Though you would have a long way to go to actually be on my "good side". Probably doesn't sound like much, but it's a long way from my view when I was furloughed 2 years ago.Turns out to have been the best thing financially that could have happened, and that has helped my perspective a lot.

Pylut,

What you fail to realize is that, most rank and file AA pilots feel exactly the way AAflyer and myself feel... that the whole thing was a bad deal to begin with and that we would never have wished ill or harm on ANY pilot group that was merging with us. Unfortunately, these things are governed by the higher-ups and NOT the rank and file. Also unfortunately, you and your TWA coworkers automatically brand us "the evil APA boys" when really it was as much out of our hands as it was out of yours. Believe me when I say a lot of our pilots were dissapointed in the treatment the APA gave you guys. In any case, this subject is beaten every which way but loose, and I for one do see both sides to the story.

Dangerkitty said:
...All this while the AE Stew's get a 50%+ pay raise....

no contract for almost 4 years and then they get a crappy raise (mostly geared to newhires) that still keeps them in the poverty category. a whopper of an increase of .01% (and i'm sure that's rounded up) in AMR's FY 06 budget.

if you do the numbers i'm willing to bet the fa increase is equivalent to about a .1% (again rounded up) decrease for the AA pilots.

Latest resources

Back