• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crash-proof

Is this guy for real???

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/missiles-05zs.html

US Bill Seeks Anti-Missile Technology On New Airbus A380

Singapore Airlines is likely to become the first company to make a commercial flight on an A380, in late 2006.

Washington DC (AFP) Jun 15, 2005

A new bill presented Tuesday in Congress calls on the US Federal Aviation Administration to insist that European aircraft manufacturer Airbus provide anti-missile technology in its new supercarrier A380s.

"When you launch a new aircraft that can carry the population of a small village it must require - at a minimum - a missile defense system as standard operating equipment," states the text of the bill, presented by Republican lawmaker from Florida, John Mica who heads the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.

Mica wants protection from surface-to-air missiles for the new aircraft, which he views as a "potentially irresistible terrorist target."

"It is just plain common sense that an aircraft such as the Airbus A380, which has the capacity to carry as many as 800 people -- nearly double the number of passengers that aircraft to date have been able to accommodate, is a potentially irresistible terrorist target," states his bill.

"We know that terrorists, particularly al-Qaeda, are looking for the means to cause the greatest destruction, largest number of casualties, and to bring the world economy to a standstill.

"Moreover, we know that terrorists continue to consider commercial aviation an attractive target because of the public spectacle such attacks generate and because the world economy is increasingly dependent upon aviation."

Singapore Airlines is likely to become the first company to make a commercial flight on an A380, in late 2006.

all those buzzwords.

Don't worry, we invaded Iraq. Now, we're all safe from missle attacks.

And if there's intelligence otherwise....why, we'll just invade Peru.

I Know, you hardly even notice there's a war...
One body bag, two bodybags, three body bags, four....tough to keep count.

But hey, Mission Accomplished!! Right? :rolleyes:

P.S. Heres a number that is easy to keep track of...
# of Weapons of MD..............ZERO, even ol' George can count that high.

Anyone think that just maybe this would help discourage the purchase of the 380? A little more expensive? What about that 777, is it required? No? Ohhhh... well we'll have to reconsider that 777 then. I'll bet we'll save a bundle not having to stock parts for an anti-missle system.

I'll bet if the 380 were built here in the U.S. this matter wouldn't even come up.

Sounds good to me!

S.

Traumahawk said:
I Know, you hardly even notice there's a war...
One body bag, two bodybags, three body bags, four....tough to keep count.

But hey, Mission Accomplished!! Right? :rolleyes:

P.S. Heres a number that is easy to keep track of...
# of Weapons of MD..............ZERO, even ol' George can count that high.

still upset about gore, huh?

Latest resources

Back