• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 first flight 4/27!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i tried viewing a video of the flight on Yahoo, but that website is worthless. anyone have a link where we can watch the flight or parts of it?

Meanwhile, Airbus has yet to prove that the A380 can be evacuated in 90 seconds....

Its market might be limited by regulations, as well as range (which is rumored to be falling short of promises as the aircraft is overweight). We'll see.

Flywrite said:
So I see on TV that the 380 flew today, then I see this thread and figure I will see what the reaction is. Perhaps predictably the thread, like so many others, has disolved into political bickering.

Do ANY of you guys remember when you just thought airplanes were neat?

Do ANy of you remember a time when your only reaction to seeing this thing fly would be "Wow..."?

Def. have to agree with you.

i said wow today when i saw that plane fly. i got goosebumps. planes are still really cool to me...

I was able to watch the broadcast live on both BBC and CNN International. What an amazing aircraft . . . regardless of where it is made or which side of the pond you are on.

As someone suggested here, some front windows for the top deck would make the plane's front view profile easier on the eyes (i.e. better looking), not to mention the awesome vista of the earth and sky passing you by . . . don't know if that would be structurally possible though.

EuroWheenie said:
Whale Rider

No, a "letter of intent" is not an order. An order is an order when money's on the table, not a second before. The current Air India/Airbus debate over the order of 40ish A32X aircraft is a case in point. Hell, "my" airline placed a "letter of intent" for 44 ex. BA 757s to be converted to freighters, but ended up buying "only" 34.

And if anyone's twisting the numbers, it's Airbus and Boeing; I'm only quoting direct from their websites!

Letter of intent means as good as sold....get used to it.

Its market might be limited by regulations, as well as range (which is rumored to be falling short of promises as the aircraft is overweight). We'll see.
I heard the cargo version is way overweight due to the reinforcement of the deck. Hopefully we will canx orders and buy the 744 instead. I would much rather fly the whale personally. I do have a taste for Chimay, Erdinger, and Guinness beer though. Maybe we can start a post of the best beers of the world. That would be something worth debating.:)

You didn't think Chimay is a little too bitter?

Well when dealing with countries like India, a letter of intent does not mean the same as it would with other places. They still intend to buy some airbuses from a deal worked out a couple years ago, but it has not been approved yet by Indian gov.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back