A320 Simulator "Rehearsal" during

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lahso

I know there's tons of posts on this, so I hope I'm not overdoing it...

Someone told me that JB had a pilot in the A320 Simulator rehearsing the landing over and over at LAX during the fuel burn off period... Then communicating w/ the pic once he figured the best possible configuration, speeds, flap settings, use of RT, SB's, etc.

Part of me thought that was technology at its best, part of me doubts it is true, and knows you guys train for these kinds of things. Just wanted to know if anyone else heard this, and if you were PIC, would you want this help (if available)?

I'm sure that happened and I hope any Captain would use all available tools at his disposal in any emergency situation. That is the whole point of the CRM concept. I my self am just so proud of the way this crew handled there ordeal. It is a shiny bright spot in a otherwise dismal time for aviation. Piticularly for the grunts (Pilots, F/A's, Mechanics, ect........):D

"and if you were PIC, would you want this help"

Advice is always taken under consideration!

Singlecoil said:
I would want them to get the America West guy on the phone and ask him exactly how he did it.

I agree. The America West incident did not get nearly as much media coverage. And when all of the big networks last night got ahold of their so called "aviation experts" (they never called me! :) ) they never mentioned once about the Cactus case nor did they ever call anyone from America West.

Latest resources

Back