A x-mas gift from AirTran to Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BR715

Heard a rumor that the five 737 deliveries that were deferred to the end of our delivery schedule were sold to Southwest. Also for good charity the company also sold them another two 737 deliveries, but I am not sure what year those two airplanes are coming out of. If this is true it goes to show you that are management is out of ideas and taking plays from the Jetblue playbook. Also you never sell your deliveries to some of your biggest competitors!

Last edited:
Well didn't quite hear that in the same way. I heard AirTran will not take 5 options in 07 and 7 options in 08. At SWA we are being told we are working with Boeing to be the carrier that gets those options so we'll see. I think the deal has to be worked with Boeing, not AirTran but clearly it is being made possible by what is going on at AirTran.

I heard that we did sell our early delivery slots to SWA in exchange for their later delivery slots + $4M for each aircraft.

sorry to thread creap but what is the latest on your contract.......?

I doubt the $4 million part. But we were told at EPT that AIR Tran was deffering some slots on the production line so we were able to move some of our options from 2008 to 2007. We were told it was 4 airframes.

thanks........back to your regularly scheduled program.

Latest resources

Back