A Transaction of Mutual Necessity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
theo said:
Unfortunatly, I think most leases run 15 years minimum...so any renegotiation is
probably years away from happening....minus a bankruptcy filing of course.

Again, I'd have to say the advantage goes to the entity that leases the aircraft. Usually negotiations begin well before it runs out. As the span of a lease reaches its end, GE Credit or whomever, can't easily just whisk the aircraft away to some other airline. Not in this day and age, at least. Most likely, they are going to have to renegotiate the lease. Yeah, I know, that is what happened on a small scale at Independence but with hundreds of RJs out there, it gives the upper hand to the operators me thinks.

FDJ2 said:
There were and are no limitations on how many RJs DAL can deploy. The only limitation is on how many can be outsourced to contractors.

But you know as well as I that there is no way that DL mainline could ever economically operate an RJ. If you think RJ costs are high now, they would go through the roof with mainline flying them. Bottomline, DALPA tried to play god with DL's fleet planning and it is coming back to bite you in the ass.

MedFlyer said:
But you know as well as I that there is no way that DL mainline could ever economically operate an RJ. If you think RJ costs are high now, they would go through the roof with mainline flying them. Bottomline, DALPA tried to play god with DL's fleet planning and it is coming back to bite you in the ass.

Would you say then, that they are limiting themselves?

Latest resources

Back