A tough choice... ASA or Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, go Eagle.

Avoid commuting at all costs. If you get the jet other than Chicago I can almost guaratee you that you will be able to transfer to it before you finish training. Its all about quality of life.

Upgrade time is a fluid variable. It may be x at the present time but by the time you get there It will not be the same. **DO NOT COMMUTE**

Burt Reynolds said:
...Eagle has a base where I want to live (friends, family, girlfriend, etc.)...

By all means go where the girlfriend is. What could possibly go wrong with basing a career choice on a piece of tail? :rolleyes:

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Stifler's Mom said:
By all means go where the girlfriend is. What could possibly go wrong with basing a career choice on a piece of tail? :rolleyes:

Good luck. :)

A career choice based on a piece of tail!

Now that was funny!

LMAO

701EV

At this point it is really a roll of the dice. When I was hired at Eagle upgrades were running under two years. But that was March 2000 and the world changed 18 months after that. As you know upgraded time is always a moving target. You can't go to a company thinking that when you get hired upgraded time will be the same for you as the guys who are upgrading currently. On the July 27th bid award,the junior LA captain SAAB was a 7/12/99 new hire. You probably have a good chance at getting ORD out of class in the CRJ for Eagle. It is very junior there. Since we don't FO pay based on seats, most of the more senior guys are on the EMJ.
I know guys that have left Eagle and went to ASA. They had only a year or so at Eagle but were after the quick upgrade on the Brassilla a few years ago. One even went there, didn't upgrade and got hired at AirTran and is now a Captain on the 717. Again a roll of the dice. I think both companies are about on par for work rules and ASA might pay a little better I guess. Good luck, if you have any questions PM me.

Burt,

You have got to be frelling and fracking kidding
me. ASA or the Hitler Youth? Geeze! I get better
treatment begging a ride on any of the DAL associates
than I do paying for a pass on my code-share partner!
Oh yeah, the officious gsa's that tell me I can't buy a
pass, or won't take the time to look up how to do it,
or try to put a mainline guy on in the jumpseat ahead
of a connection pilot on a connection airplane?
Oh yeah, they can override it, but they always fix
it so that their non-revs get all of those "SSSSSSS"
thingies on the bottom of the boarding pass so that
the TSA can pick on you instead of the guy with the
towel around his head! Even if you have followed the
rules and listed for the trip 7 days in advance!

Like the adds say, "Ve have vays of making you
fly"...or something like that!

I have friends at both commair and asa...they are
happy.

I know people that have left aviation because their
only experience was with eagle.

Anywhere you choose to go in aviation is a crap-shoot,
and AA isn't all that healthy...

good luck

Last edited:
What does flying for American Connection have to do with Eagle?

I fly for Eagle and I never have any problems jumpseating. My family is also pretty happy with the non-rev travelling they can do starting from my date of hire.

I'm not going to tell you to go to ASA or Eagle, because I don't have a crystal ball. But be happy that it's not 2003 anymore or your options would be to keep instructing for another year or beg your way into night freight.

Burt Reynolds said:
I have been offered class dates at both airlines so I thought that I'd throw this out there for some opinions. Eagle has a base where I want to live (friends, family, girlfriend, etc.), but then there's the upgrade or lack thereof. ASA would upgrade quicker (I think), but I'd have to live in Atlanta or commute, which by all accounts sucks.

I'm leaning toward Eagle, but then again...

simple None of the above

Latest resources

Back