• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A step in the right direction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw something on ABC Nightly News that stated the same thing---that a United pilot makes $196,000 a year but only averages 35 hours of flying a month. What they fail to realize is that airlines like Southwest and Jetblue only have one aircraft type, and upgrading to Captain is the only other long training after the initial training. The most they have to do is a 3-4 day recuurent. At the majors, we have many different fleet types for different missions---like Long haul INTL versus short haul. We have many more people sitting out for a month or two doing transition training or new type ratings for INTL trips---so the average pilot flies less at the Majors due to the fact that when they are training, they are doing zero actual flying. It brings the average down. But ABC Nightly News didn't state that at all. Jerks.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: ;)

I was sitting in First Class flying to DFW for work. The plane is pushed back and that's when this pax in front off me kicks his shoes off and puts his nasty feet with yellow nails up against the bulk head- gross is not even close. Now, I didn't have to pay for the ride (thanks American) but if I had paid for a ticket I would be pissed! I remember as an 8 year old my father buying me a suit because we were flying on an Airplane to Hawaii! When did manners and class exit society?

When Valujet was created.

Latest resources

Back