• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A salmon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This explains the reason for the 30% paycut. Had to pay for this paint job. Then they have a party to show it off. Great morale booster!

The fish looks depressed! Pretty fitting for the current state of the industry. Cool paint job though.

Who paid for this? Did Alaska Airlines, or is it an advertisement by some Alaska fishermans association?

Either way, it is cool!

qxpilot said:
This explains the reason for the 30% paycut. Had to pay for this paint job. Then they have a party to show it off. Great morale booster!

Alaska didn't pay for the paint job or the party. They went to great efforts to make sure this was understood and to credit who DID pay for them.

A quote from one of several press releases and articles about this aircraft:

The Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board is paying for the airplane paint job as well as the Seattle and Anchorage events.

I guess there are those who choose to believe otherwise, as evidenced by this post.

I suppose whatever it takes to get you through the day.

Last edited:
I saw that on KONG news last night...Very cool.:)

Who Payed for the Paint Job

Are you sure that Alaska did not pay for part of the paint job? Check out the Seattle Time's article for Sunday. Below is a quote from the paper.

The plane already needed a new paint job, and Alaska Airlines covered about $75,000 of the tab, company spokeswoman Amanda Tobin said.

Everyone on this board paid for that paint job. A $500,000 grant from the Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board was given, but that money came from $29 mil of federal funding given to the board by Alaska. Source: Anchorage Daily News

Latest resources

Back