• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quiz for the interviewee. Bonus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice message board. A lot of good info and debates. OK, now for a little fun. If you think you know the answer to question number one below, respond with a reply. For the second situation, tell me how you would answer it if you were asked the same question in an interview. Question 3 may not be true for ALL aircraft but I've found it to be true for most. I'll give you the answers, if you want, when I get back from my next trip...Reply only if you are bored!

1.) What does V.I.R.G.A. stand for? We all know what virga IS, but, do you know what the accronym stands for?

2.) You get to operations and meet the Captain you're going to fly with for the next 3 days. You have a good first day of flying and talk about everything from contracts to sports to current events. The Captain is cool and you get along well. You fly across the country, shoot the visual, and autoland. You check in and the Captain asks you and the flight attendants if you would like to meet down in the lobby for a beer and maybe a bite to eat. You say OK and are back down in the lobby 20 minutes later. You stand by the elevator, the doors open, and the Captain is wearing a dress! What do you do? Do you still have dinner with the Captain? How would you react?

3.) What letter of the alphabet is nowhere to be found in the cockpit?

Answer #1 -Vertigo Induced Retching & Gagging (while) Airborne.

Answer # 2- I would laugh my ass off and ask him what the hell he is doing dressing like a woman. I would still have dinner with him just for the story later on.

Answer # 3 - Got me, I just fly bug smashers but I will guess "L". o

yes, I was bored.

1) No idea but would like to hear someone tell me. I didnt even know it was an acronym.

2) I would say, "Nice dress captain, hope I'm not dressed too casual for where we are going." The captain of course is a woman. But, if it were a man I would have a different reaction

3) The letter O is my guess. It can easily be confused with a zero.

1. VIRGA = Variable Intensity Rain Gradiant Aloft
2. After the Captain exits the elevator you get in, go back to your room and order room service. Notify Professional Standards.
3. Not sure of that one, I'll go with "O", sounds as good as anything else. However, if you have FMS on board your airplane would'nt a full alphanumeric keyboard include that letter?

ok..I'm bored...

#1 - Good question..but I like acarpe3448's answer

#2 - It's a woman, obviously.

#3 - Another trick(y) question like #2? My aircraft has an FMS-and the alpha/numeric keypad on the MCDU has all the letters of the alphabet: however, thinking as an interviewee my answer would be "I".

Last edited:
Question#3

AUTO PILOT
BANK LIMIT
CIRCUIT BRAKER
DISENGAGE
EGT
FUEL
GPWS
HEADING
INSTRUMENT LICHT
JEPPESEN
KNOTS
LANDING LICHT
MASTER SWITCH
N1
OXYGEN
POWER
QUANTITY
RETRACT
SPEED BRAKE
TIMER
UPPER LIMIT
VREF
WINDSHEELD DEFROST
X?????????????????????????
YAW DAMPER
ZFW

The ''X'', anyone, anyone?

There is an x in oXygen.
AuXilliary
eXtinguisher

OK
Open
On
Off
Inop
Overheat

I can't think of one letter absent except Z. It is a weight and balance term that goes into the FMC, but I can't find on the panel anywhere.

Anybody?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back