• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick reminder about ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our code share agreement helps us, not hurts us. We will carry apssengers from their planes---like passengers from ASIA on NW will connect in DTW on us or NW to ATL--and then onto our waiting planes to Nassau etc. We do compete with them, but will benefit to the tune of about $200 million extra profit each year supposedly. If ACA were a direct competitor and hurting our profits by lowering the fares on the east coast--I don't think Delta would like that.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
When can you not try to protect yourself? A contract is a contract. We just told Leo that. If ACA becomes direct competition for us, I am sure Delta would stop paying for their continued success at our expense. (CVG)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:
So you are saying that it your could contract a hit on Delta Connection pilots and it would be "legal" because it is a "contract?" Hmm, why don't crack dealers follow up on their bad debts in small claims court insted of shooting each other?

Could it be that one of the five criteria for enforceability of a contract is a legal purpose. Come on, this is business law 101 stuff.

Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act begins, "Every contract, combination, or conspiracy in restraint of trade, or commerce... is illegal and constitutes a felony." There are exemptions to the Sherman Act, allowing labor to come together under a union to form a monopoly on labor. However, the Courts have been specific that these labor agreements can not serve as a horizontal restraint of trade amongst competitive businesses, or can they allow businesses to divide the market.

Just because the FTC has ceeded airline regulation to the DOJ under their clearance agreement and the DOJ has been too busy chasing terrorists to strike down your illegal scope, don't think for a second ACA's attorneys would be as distracted as Mr. John Ashcroft, Esq.

Last edited:
General Lee,

If Delta get's pissed off...big F'g deal. Boeing, Airbus, Embrear etc. would be more than happy to take the leases off of our hands after we order our large pile of jets...last time I checked Boeing was laying off 5000 workers...I'm sure Boeing (and Airbus) would love OUR business. Or we could use the 328's in Dulles to fly 41 routes.

Don't underestimate Skeen...

If Delta get's pissed off...big F'g deal. Boeing, Airbus, Embrear etc. would be more than happy to take the leases off of our hands after we order our large pile of jets...last time I checked Boeing was laying off 5000 workers...I'm sure Boeing (and Airbus) would love OUR business. Or we could use the 328's in Dulles to fly 41 routes.

Personally, I think you guys are on a sugar high from too much kool aid. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I just hope no more of you ACA guys are furloughed because of this.

Yeah....United's Kool-Aid is much better than ACA's...

I'll take a quart of United "bankrupt punch" with a shot of "Chapter 12 with no vasaline".

I'd rather fly standing up than be furloughed on my knees...I'm ready to compete!!!

Latest resources

Back