A question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrokeNeedaJob

I'm currently a flight instructor, looking for a job with a regional. About two years ago I was in a bar fight and recieved a misdemeanor assualt conviction from it. My question is, would this prevent me from getting a job. Have had 2 interviews so far and thought i did well, however didn't get those jobs. I know that my record probably affected the outcome of those interviews, however before or after that incident I have been a model citizen. Has anyone ever had or heard of this situation before? Not sure if this the right forum, but since I'm looking for employment I thought I try here.

Last edited:
Read the sticky about this forum, spell "misdemeanour" correctly on your next job app let us know on the proper forum

Go to a professional interview prep person, get their advice on how to handle this. Turn it into a learning experience, show how you are a better person because of this incidence. Then live the reality of your story and continue applying

pilotyip said:
Go to a professional interview prep person, get their advice on how to handle this. Turn it into a learning experience, show how you are a better person because of this incidence. Then live the reality of your story and continue applying

There's always a way to put a positive spin on a negative experience. Echoing the above, I'd seek professional interview help. You'll figure something out.

Golden Falcon said:
Read the sticky about this forum, spell "misdemeanour" correctly on your next job app let us know on the proper forum

Misdemeanor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A misdemeanor (or misdemeanour), in many common law legal systems, is a "lesser" criminal act. Misdemeanors are generally punished less severely than felonies; but theoretically more so than administrative infractions (also known as regulatory offenses)

I'd hire you...but I'm not in the hiring department, nor at a regional airline.

Try Pinnacle, they're always looking for people. Eagle, on the other hand may have something to say about your misdemenor.

A close friend of mine got hired with XJET last year and he has a record for fighting. I dont think it really matters unless you wounded your opponent and have other charges tacked on. From what I have read on the gouges is that they are looking for good personalities along with experience. I wouldnt let a little bar fight discourage you. Good luck

Latest resources

Back