• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A question for SWA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then why would they be giving your FA new hires over-water training?

Bueler?

Big Duke Six said:
Then why would they be giving your FA new hires over-water training?

Bueler?

They started overwater training several months ago because we started taking the short cuts (Q routes) from Florida to Texas and trying to cut the corner from the Northeast and Florida.

Vamonos!

We are going to Puerto Rico! Let's get the rumor rolling. I think since ATA pulled out we will be in there sooner than later. Covered under the new 150 nm rule with life vests. No customs/immigration. Lots of money to be made in San Juan & the USVI.

Start practicing that Spanish & rum drinking.

JV

Boriqua wannabe!

Has SWA ever given serious consideration to serving Hawaii in light of Aloha doing so in the guppy?

I think since ATA pulled out we will be in there sooner than later.

Gee, I wonder why ATA pulled out?

Don't get me wrong I'm upbeat about the SWA relationship but that one really frosts me. We were running full 757-300s back and forth and just pulled out. We also returned more aircraft to the leasors and furloughed more pilots.

There's no doubt who's pulling our strings.

atafan said:
We were running full 757-300s back and forth and just pulled out.

One of these days we'll realize that full airplanes do not automatically translate to profits for the airline. No offense to you, but I hear this over and over again from pilots at all airlines. Anyway, the Puerto Rico routes may have been profitable, but without hard numbers, this can't be proven.

Perhaps the reason we pulled out is that the 757-300 leases were so expensive, and the price of fuel so high, that we couldn't sell tickets at prices to cover these costs, even considering the pitiful salaries of the pilots who flew these routes. :(

One of these days we'll realize that full airplanes do not automatically translate to profits for the airline.

I agree completely!

I have agreed with most all of the cities we have pulled out of but this one really has me confused. I'm not saying we were making big money on that route but when you are running 247 pax airplanes with a CASM that is the lowest in the industry and you throw in a potential codeshare in MDW and MCO, you should have a winning ticket.

Now if SWA doesn't enter SJU, I'll have to agree that it was unprofitable but if we see SWA enter that market this year then I have to throw out me hand of BS cards.

Latest resources

Back