Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A question for fractional pilots about the TSA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you guys are travelling through airports will the TSA let you bring liquid and gels inside security since you are not real pilots?

I travel in uniform, never remove my liquids from my bag, and occasionally carry full bottles of wine home in carry-on bag. Key is to travel in uniform with ID badge. Never had a problem.

You and glass have a lot in common.

Relax. You take this way too seriously. My post was just funny. That's all. No statement about you or JetJets. No gay or Mom jokes. Just funny.

ah the gay jokes, brings back memories of high school.

what's next? mom jokes? You and glass have a lot in common.

I don't think you're gay , but I can see why they think that, because you can be a real pain in everyone's a ss

sorry couldn't resist, but didn't you announce your retirement from FI a while back? What brings you here instead of fishing, golfing, grandkids or rv'ing around the country? Flame Baiting isn't a retirement hobby that I've ever heard of.

Back to the original thread... I rarely airline in uniform because I have found that I usually make it through the TSA faster than in uniform. I don't carry any big liquids, just the minis, and usually make it through my 8 day rotation without having to run to the store. I find it best blending into the mass of angry airline travelers vs trying to convince someone who got their GED on the third try that I'm a Real Pilot.

Last edited:
Don't pick on Glass too much (leave that to us professionals), don't forget, he's a "Super Genius", it's not easy dealing with mere mortals (a problem I suffer daily as well)!

When TSA asks about the nice bottles of wine in your bag that you got free from Bridgeford at APC, just tell them "Objects in X-Ray are smaller than they appear".

Works for me!

When you guys are travelling through airports will the TSA let you bring liquid and gels inside security since you are not real pilots?

We check our bags... its free with the paid ticket our company gives us. I sit in the corner and sip my Americano while you fret over the jumpseat... With your bag full of Vaseline and Fig Nutons.

:cool:

Latest resources

Back