• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Plea for longer pants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right about the wool. Most of uniform pants are still wool blend and it will shrink much more than cotton.

Dry clean the pants.

But first we need to ride the place of i-pod wearing, backpack totin', spikey haired crewmembers, before embarking on the high-water pants quest.

Has anyone ever noticed that about 20-30% of pilots wear pants as if they are waiting for a flood? I have always thought this to be funny. Why is it that they would never do it outside of work, but it is acceptable to look that way in airports.

Anyone have any theories on this? I just think it's funny...

Hey Easy,

These guys are the same ones with the really short clip-on ties and the big guts.!

Sometimes my pants get too short. This is my signal to up my dosage of metamucil. A couple days of healthy craps and I'm back in style!

Funny? You should see my paycheck. After spending $2,700 on a watch, $1,000 on headsets and $500 on luggage, who has money for pants?

Just kidding, I have a $80 watch and pants that are the correct length, although the hole in the seat is an airworthy repair, fixed with carpet tape and thread sourced from a maintenance station. My flight bag is on its' second duct tape overhaul.

BTW - have any of your airlines had the big socks scam come through town? A Doctor dropped by our crew room demonstrating socks that were supposed to save you from deep vein thrombosis (on an RJ) which he had available for FREE if you would just sign some paperwork. He sent the paperwork to UHC for the "prescription" socks for some astronomical price. This did not look quite Kosher so I did not sign up for the super socks. Wonder how many bought those $1,000 socks?

How do you expect to make it anywhere with an 80$ watch? ;)

With a thousand hours on the 727 FE panel, lemme tell ya: it keeps the hems out of all that ORD/LGA slush on the winter walkarounds.

Latest resources

Back