A&P classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL030,

I think it's wonderful that you find a working mechanic who's invested in his career an embarrasment...but not everyone enjoys the full benifits of going to the tool crib to get their specialty items. Many mechanics need their own tensiometers, own speciality tools...and these are expensive.

Working for an airline is often a speciality function, anyway. The diversity of work that's found in other areas often doesn't exist for the airline mechanic, military mechanic, etc. Having a lot of tools isn't nearly as important.

I've worked in areas where I've needed it all, and had to go get it. There's a lot I have yet to get, have yet to afford, but I started buying one tool at a time a long time ago, and still do, today. I don't own a boroscope. I don't own extensive NDT equipment. But I have the basics, and I don't have the option of going to the tool crib to get anything.

Save your opinion of what constitutes lack of skill, embarassment, etc, for your own narrow world...there's more to the world than what lies within yours.

Latest resources

Back