• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A New Southwest/AirTran merger theory

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and what culture are you talking about? Our pilot culture? It's the same as yours...we work hard, we deserve more, and we're interested in the future of our jobs. What exactly is different? If you're talking about the "Atlantitude" from our gate agents, or our compassionate :puke: management group, then I can understand a little better.

It's not gonna happen folks, but I'll still give this thread at least 7 pages of bickering about seniority lists and who's the bigger group of jerk-offs. ;)

Hmmm.... I don't seem to remember saying anything about Airtran (or any one else). I like you guys. Besides our current TA allows RJ flying only if we buy/ merge with another carrier that already has RJs. Apparently the company has someone in mind who currently utilizes RJs. Airtran doesn't fit that profile.

Last edited:
No problemo.

I would have just put that we all could race for it, but I did not wanna be the most junior in the company. Plus all our Air Force guys do a marathon every weekend.

Not this AF guy! The only thing I run from are cops and responsibility. How about we run those tricycle races from Revenge of the Nerds where we chug a beer every lap :beer:

I would have to see ya'll's flight attendants before commenting on integration. The hotter the group, the lower the integration ratio.

An AirTran/SWA merger would be the best case scenario for me (staple gun included). Therefor it will never happen. The day we stop having fun with this stuff (rumor mill), is the day we are all truly screwed.

Here's how it's goin' down:

- SWA will do something.

- SWA will reap the benefits.

- Ya'll will get F-ucked. Each and every one of you. Some how, some way.

- "Airline 101 - The New Age".

BTW - I'll be teaching that course at ERAU as a tenured professor/alumni should any of you care to attend.

God Bless Amerika.

YKMKR

Last edited:
4 is prohibitive since not all of us even know how to turn on a Wii (I sure as hell don't).

I hate to break it to ya, buddy, but I think you're getting old. ;)

If SWA buys out AAI then you have no choice. Hit the street if you don't like it.

Buyout isn't a merger. Have fun on the bottom of the list.

Not quite how it works. Can you say "Allegheny-Mohawk?"

I hate to break it to ya, buddy, but I think you're getting old. ;)
In the words of Mr. Mayor...

Kiss My Dumb A$$... ;)

Or, as my father always said, "You're only as old as the woman you feel". :D

Not quite how it works. Can you say "Allegheny-Mohawk?"
LMAO... I was wondering how long it would take someone to explain that whether it's a buyout or a merger, doesn't matter these days, thanks to new LAWS in place that require Allegheny-Mohawk integration for ANY type of transaction, except for the purchase of assets in a liquidation sale.

Didn't even make it 7 pages before it devolved,,, sad. So much for good, clean fun. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back