• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A.net: I dont know whether to laugh or cry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if those folks at A.net are laughing at our "Boycott Eclispe Jet" thread.

YourNameHere said:
I wonder if those folks at A.net are laughing at our "Boycott Eclispe Jet" thread.
Ha, I got to see a diverted Asiana 747 and a Martinair Cargo DC-10 as close as you could get to them, almost made me wish I had a camera. It's fun seeing planes you don't usually see.

The DC-10 taxied about half a wingspan away from where I was standing and when they had to add power to get up the taxi-way incline, it sounded pretty cool.

So, I was airplane geek for 10 minutes...take a polaroid, it might be a while before you see that again.

AC560 said:
I always do a write up of every flight I am on and hand it to the Captain along with suggestions on how he could improve his skils when I get off the plane.

Oh, GREAT IDEA. I think I'll implement it immediately. Let's see.

Oh, and when I go flying I'll have a survey card on board so that all my passengers can fill it out.

Flight experience
__ Truly Excellent
__ Incredible Beyond Belief
__ Don't Invite me back

big_al said:
martinair doesnt fly dc-10s *a.net nerd hat off*
Big deal, MD-11/DC-10. To me, it's just a big plane with three engines.

FN FAL said:
Big deal, MD-11/DC-10. To me, it's just a big plane with three engines.

But don't ya know? it's a MD-11 second upgrade SN-00212302 with a
spank-me mod and a mark 7 panel upgrade......yadda yadda yadda.

CE

Threads like this make me wonder..

Who is the "most dorky.." the people who post in these threads, the people who argue in these threads, the people who go other websites and point out the "dorkiness" of people on another website..

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]Quoting ThrottleHold (Reply 9):
Come back to me after you have a few thousand hours of practice landing commercial jets (not just on FS) and give me your opinion them.
[/FONT]
There was no need for you to act like such a jerk here. I'll have you know I have flown, not jets, just cessna;s but I do know how its done This is why I brought up the point this pilot made to me when we were discussing this matter. And maybe if you were a bit more polite, Id answer your questions better, but since it seems you cant do that with out flaming me...

Funny!

Now, BLing, no reason to get your knickers all balled up. Oh, I see you already have. Might want to put a bit more on, boy.

Yes, you're right, flying a cessna is not the same as flying a jet. Flying a single engine airplane is not the same as flying a multi-engine airplane, but the fundamentals are the same. Well, sort of. Actually, not. They do both involve objects moving through the air, so in that sense they are the same.

Latest resources

Back