• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A little birdie told me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 757 is the leader in that size class, and no other airframe can match it's performance.

It does keep the widebody FA's off the crew due to the narrow isles. :)

Nice flame yip-

I agree, get rid of the yoke- not the pilots.
Not flame, but a joke like the one about the future crews of a dog and a single pilot. Dog's job, bite the pilot if he touches anything, pilot's job, feed the dog.

The deciding factor for going UAV in the airline industry will be the customers, not management.

I can see the military going mostly UAV, even see the cargo industry going UAV once the technology has evolved sufficiently.

But it will be a loooong while before 200 random passengers climb aboard a JET-A powered metal tube, with no pilot. Or the pilot sitting in some basement of the airline HQ 1,000 miles away. Staring at a TV screen.

The airline industry will be the last to embrace UAV's and only after the flying public does first.

But it will be a loooong while before 200 random passengers climb aboard a JET-A powered metal tube, with no pilot. Or the pilot sitting in some basement of the airline HQ 1,000 miles away.

Sure, if you tell them. But if you keep the cockpit door locked, the pax will assume that somebody is in there. Have a few actors in uniform stroll about the terminal, like characters at Disneyland, to enhance the illusion. :D

I hadn't heard that one Yip, that's good

But seriously, lose the yoke, gain the legroom and tray

Sure, if you tell them. But if you keep the cockpit door locked, the pax will assume that somebody is in there. Have a few actors in uniform stroll about the terminal, like characters at Disneyland, to enhance the illusion. :D
don't let the secret out, we are already doing that

The deciding factor for going UAV in the airline industry will be the customers, not management.

I can see the military going mostly UAV, even see the cargo industry going UAV once the technology has evolved sufficiently.

But it will be a loooong while before 200 random passengers climb aboard a JET-A powered metal tube, with no pilot. Or the pilot sitting in some basement of the airline HQ 1,000 miles away. Staring at a TV screen.

The airline industry will be the last to embrace UAV's and only after the flying public does first.
My last release was printed on dot matrix paper and printer, the airlines barely got rid of their crayons and e6bs, pilots are here for a little longer...

My last release was printed on dot matrix paper and printer, the airlines barely got rid of their crayons and e6bs, pilots are here for a little longer...

It just shows you that the companies are not willing to spend money on a dying asset. Why buy new printers, when there are going to be no pilots to read the release.

You are probably closer to the truth than you realize.

There will be no reason to eliminate the "pilots".

There will some monkey in front whose sole job it is to taxi the airplane and be ready to throw some switch that fires up redundant systems if they fail to activate automatically.

And fill out the logbook. And fart into the seat cushions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back