• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Poahi

Aloha lawsuit for sale

By Dave Segal
[email protected]

Aloha Airlines, which has been on a fast track to liquidate its assets since filing for bankruptcy in mid-March, said in federal District Court yesterday that it plans to sell the legal claim in its 2006 lawsuit against go! parent Mesa Air Group Inc. to the highest bidder.
"A lawsuit is no different than a propeller," said James Wagner, an attorney for Aloha Chapter 7 trustee Dane Field. "It's an asset and we're going to sell it."

Source: http://starbulletin.com/2008/05/31/business/story02.html

Anyone?

Can the Mesa pilots but this, band together and turn it into a class-action lawsuit?

Also, can Long Time Gone come in here and comment as well? Just show everyone on the board how much of a pompous butt-hole he is?

Last edited:
they are selling it because they know it will cost millions to try a case that may never get them anything. From what I have read Aloha's case is an antitrust case that requires them to prove that Mesa intended to achieve a monopoly. There is no way with 6 RJs.

they are selling it because they know it will cost millions to try a case that may never get them anything. From what I have read Aloha's case is an antitrust case that requires them to prove that Mesa intended to achieve a monopoly. There is no way with 6 RJs.

There's a lot more to the case than that. Mesa is TOAST!

Can Long Time Gone come in here and comment as well?

Yes, I can. I'm surprised you know what the word "pompous" is. It must be used towards yourself quite a bit.:D

Can the Mesa pilots but this, band together and turn it into a class-action lawsuit?

Do you mean "rebut", which means to refute, especially by offering opposing evidence or arguments, as in a legal case? Once again, you show your level of competence well. Be careful who and how you criticize them, for you contradict yourself way too much.:rolleyes:

OOH, OOH!!! Pick ME!! Pick ME!!

Yes, I can. I'm surprised you know what the word "pompous" is. It must be used towards yourself quite a bit.:D

Do you mean "rebut", which means to refute, especially by offering opposing evidence or arguments, as in a legal case? Once again, you show your level of competence well. Be careful who and how you criticize them, for you contradict yourself way too much.:rolleyes:

OOH, OOH!!! Pick ME!! Pick ME!!

No, I meant "buy." As in "you swing both ways," But, hell, after a long day and a few beers, those fingers start to slip and hit the wrong keys. Soo me.

No, I meant "buy." As in "you swing both ways," But, hell, after a long day and a few beers, those fingers start to slip and hit the wrong keys. Soo me.

That would actually be "bi" and "sue" Mr. Dumas.

So far you're failing your own "prerequisite for getting hired" horribly. Now we all understand why you're a Dispatcher instead of a Pilot.

Next.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back