• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a kinda bizarre idea, kinda not (re 9/11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's all just hope that we don't have to find out........fun stuff to talk about though. No hard feelings.

Let's all just hope that we don't have to find out........fun stuff to talk about though. No hard feelings.

TurboS7,

No hard feelings on my part, just a difference of opinion. Take care and fly safe! If you don't mind me asking, what airline do you fly for? You mentioned you do some flying for them over in Europe. Is it a charter company?

Any word on when UPS going to start J/S again?
Brown is beautiful... and a blast to ride on too!!!

hagen,

I think we're all fed up with this superficial increase in security which is no more than smoke and mirrors for the general public and does absolutely NOTHING to enhance safety.

As far as jumpseating, the problem is not UPS, FedEx or any freight carrier. The hold up is the FAA. They (FAA) have said under FAR 108 that airlines have to reinforce the cockpit door and have a separate area for jumpseaters. Well, we don't have cockpit doors and the jumpseaters are usually in the cockpit with us. That's just the design of our aircraft. We would love to be able to offer our jumpseats to offline crewmembers but the FAA has been slow to respond to our request. UPS, IPA and other union and airline groups are trying hard to rectify the situation.

To all pax airlines currently allowing UPS pilots to jumpseat on their flights....THANK YOU!!! Remember, UPS and their pilots are NOT responsible for off line pilots not being able to jumpseat on our flights...it's the FAA! We're working on it!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Miami Air International, Quest Cargo, same operation. We have 9 727's, 4 Cargo, 4 Pax,1 Exec. 727 50 pax, 2-737-800's with one on lease from Excel Airlines in UK. During the summer we keep one 737 in Europe flying out of Gatwick, during the summer we have a base there. Small operation but for the most part you know everybody, excellent people to work with and for. There is a good article about us in the Jan. issue of Airliner/ one of those magazines. There are a lot of pilot's and FA's in the majors that have passed through our doors over the years. I love flying charter so I am here for the long haul, plus I live in Ft. Lauderdale, makes it nice.

Latest resources

Back