• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A good First Officer would...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LoneWolf is right. Know your place! And until you cease to have human errors, let the other guy help you out.

OH! And when you drop a glob of tuna-salad on the floor, it's a 3 second rule...not 10. That's just one of those rules.

Another one I like to live by: If you drop your car keys in hot lava, they're gone. Just let them go. They're gone.

LoneWolf is right. Know your place! And until you cease to have human errors, let the other guy help you out.

OH! And when you drop a glob of tuna-salad on the floor, it's a 3 second rule...not 10. That's just one of those rules.

Another one I like to live by: If you drop your car keys in hot lava, they're gone. Just let them go. They're gone.

Your avatar (Uncle Rico clutching the football - I'm imagining him saying it as he's about to throw) coupled with this post was too funny. If I had soda in my mouth, it'd be on the monitor!

:beer:

I don't know about a good first officer, but a good captain should always buy lunch for the FO, especially if it's a regional FO or probationary mainline FO. Most can't afford to eat.

Last edited:
I don't know about a good first officer, but a good captain should always buy lunch for the FO, especially if it's a regional FO or probationary mainline FO. Most can't afford to eat.
words to live by.

Also, Captains, don't rub it in that you have a 2nd house in Hawai'i, or that you and your wife went on a month long cruise to Italy. Junior is probably happy just to have cable.

You really should not speak ill of your mother like this..... She may be a litte hungry, but that just keeps her hot!

words to live by.

Also, Captains, don't rub it in that you have a 2nd house in Hawai'i, or that you and your wife went on a month long cruise to Italy. Junior is probably happy just to have cable.

I second this. Was flying a week or so ago and had a Captain for a major airline that shall remain nameless on the jumpseat. He asked if our company was furloughing and I told him yes, after January 19 we'll have about 300 on the street and I'm one of them. He then proceeded to tell me how he has 19-20 days off a month and spends 15 of them on a sailboat doing absolutely nothing because he makes enough money during his 10 days of work to pay the bills... for his 3 houses.

Thanks, pal.

I second this. Was flying a week or so ago and had a Captain for a major airline that shall remain nameless on the jumpseat. He asked if our company was furloughing and I told him yes, after January 19 we'll have about 300 on the street and I'm one of them. He then proceeded to tell me how he has 19-20 days off a month and spends 15 of them on a sailboat doing absolutely nothing because he makes enough money during his 10 days of work to pay the bills... for his 3 houses.

Thanks, pal.

Glad to see you have met Gen Lee.... A truly world-class act!

Good to know people like him are doing so well..... Just remember, fate has a way of smacking people like that down....

I hope this jackoff rides my jumpseat one day-he will never talk that sort of smack again!

Thanks, pal.

He's a 5%-er, if you know what I mean.

Most pilots in any group are good guys... however, every pilot group has 5-15% of those who are a$$holes.

Latest resources

Back